Practice of Gastroenterology and Hepatology in a County Hospital, Santa Clara Valley Medical Center, in San Jose, California. Associated hospital with Stanford University. Full staff and attending practice.
Education and Training
University of California Irvine Medical Center
American Board of Internal Medicine- Gastroenterology
- Regents Scholarship, U of California, 1970
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, 1972
- Richard R. Stuart Human Anatomy Award, UC Irvine, 1972
- Stanford University (Gastroenterology)
Professional Society Memberships
- Santa Clara County Medical Society, California Medical Association, American College of Physicians, American Gastroenterology Association, American Society of Internal Medicine, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, AASLD
What do you attribute your success to?
All his Teachers and Mentors in his Career
Hobbies / Sports
- Magic, Travel, Reading, San Jose Sharks
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Clinical Gastroenterology & Hepatology
Richard Jay Kramer's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Richard Jay Kramer | Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Richard Jay Kramer's reviewsWrite Review
- Is My Diarrhea Caused by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
What is irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)?Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is a common gut disorder. Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is unlike inflammatory bowel disease and differs from other bowel conditions. It is a group of several symptoms such as abdominal pain, bloating, cramping, constipation,...
- Celiac Disease and Type I Diabetes Patients at a Higher Risk for Fractures
From time to time, patients may develop what is known as a comorbidity, which is essentially a word used to describe a situation wherein the subject is simultaneously diagnosed with two diseases or conditions. This can occur for a multitude of reasons, one being that the first condition may very...
- The Emotional Challenges of Ulcerative Colitis
People typically don’t enjoy talking about any illness or chronic condition they’re living with. They may not enjoy talking about how it feels to have it and the emotional roller coaster it brings to life.There are millions of people living with colitis and not much awareness in the public or...
- What to Expect After Recovery from an Appendectomy
Appendectomy is the term that is used in the medical field to refer to a surgical operation used to remove the appendix. The appendix is a small tube-shaped pouch that is attached to the large intestines. An appendectomy is an emergency operation that is conducted to treat the inflammation of the...
- What Does Belly Button Pain Mean?
Pain in your belly button can range from mild to severe and can be occasional or constant. In some cases, belly button pain can also radiate to other areas of the body aside from the area near your belly button. It is also important to note that pain in your belly button is not a medical condition...
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Raises Awareness of Celiac Disease
For some, the first time they heard much about the term "Gluten-free" was from Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who was formerly on The View. She also was a hardcore player on the show Survivor, inspiring many across the nation. Some didn't understand what celiac disease really was when she spoke about it, but...
- Dr. Rasik Kansara M.D.200 Jose Figueres Ave San Jose CA 95116
- Dr. Aijaz Ahmed MD300 Pasteur Dr Stanford CA 94305
- Dr. Joanna B. Ready MD710 Lawrence Expy Santa Clara CA 95051
- Dr. Samuel Neal Marcus M.D.2490 Hospital Dr Mountain View CA 94040
- Dr. Mary F Chan MD1300 Crane Street Menlo Park CA 94025
- Dr. George Triadafilopoulos MD INC.2490 Hospital Dr Mountain View CA 94040