Albert M. DeFabritus, MD, FACP, FASN, has a private practice in New York City. An expert in the field of hypertension, Dr. DeFabritus has been studying diseases of the kidneys and renal system for 30 years. During his time at St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center as fellow, he taught other medical students and residents. He currently teaches at New York Medical College, his alma mater. When Dr. DeFabritus is not at his practice, he can be found practicing nephrology at Beth Israel Hospital and Medical Center.
Education and Training
New York Medical College
New York Medical College 1973
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Nephrology
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Regional Lecturing -
- St Vincent's East Program
- St. Vincent's Hospital and Medical Center (Internal Medicine)
- New York Hospital-Cornell University Medical School (Nephrology)
Professional Society Memberships
- International Society of Nephrology
What do you attribute your success to?
Being Skilled and Recognized by his Peers in his Profession
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Studying Spanish
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, American Journal of Kidney Disease
- Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Albert M. DeFabritus MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Albert M. DeFabritus MD | Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Albert M. DeFabritus MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Do Kidney Stones Develop?
Kidney stones are a condition that affects around 15 percent of the world's population. For reasons unknown, the condition's prevalence has increased over the last 30 years. Kidney stones more often affect men than women. What are kidney stones?Kidney stones or renal lithiasis is the formation of...
- Which Doctors Treat Diabetes?
There are many healthcare providers who can diagnose and treat diabetes. While most people may see a primary care doctor if they start having symptoms of diabetes, other physicians and specialists can also help monitor the condition.Doctors who treat diabetesThe following are doctors and specialists...
- Does Acute Renal Failure Cause Death?
Our body machinery comprises of various parts and components all together, embedded to function as a whole unit to support life. Each component that forms a part of the body machine has a specific contribution and any malfunction in any of the components can have adverse effects on the entire body....
- What Is a Basic Metabolic Panel (BMP) Used For?
Basic Metabolic PanelA basic metabolic panel is a group of blood tests that will give healthcare providers important information about an individual's current metabolic status, which includes kidney function, blood sugar levels, acid-base balance, and electrolyte balance. Having a combination of...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- Furosemide Side Effects and How to Minimize Them
What is furosemide?Furosemide is an oral prescription medicine, which is available under the brand name Lasix. This drug is also available in its generic form. The generic version of the drug mostly costs less than the branded ones. Furosemide is considered as a water pill or a loop diuretic that...
- Dr. Pascal Dabel M.D.11550 Indian Hills Rd Mission Hills California 91345
- Sine Akten Brooklyn New York 11209
- Dr. Sheron Latcha MD1275 York Ave New York NY 10065
- Dr. Michele H Mokrzycki MD, MS111 E 210th St Bronx NY 10467
- Dr. Zeynep Ayse Ebcioglu M.D.5 E 98th St New York NY 10029
- Dr. Lin N Lwin MD4141 Carpenter Ave Bronx NY 10466