Barry London, MD, PhD, is Director of the Cardiovascular Medicine as well as Co-Director of the Cardiovascular Research Center at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. The Potter Lambert Chair of Internal Medicine, Dr. London's interests include inherited genetic disorders, cardiac intensive care and general cardiovascular disease. His research involves tracking arrhythmias of the heart using mice and the excitability of the heart using various ion channels. Dr. London was on the editorial board of many leading cardiovascular journals including Circulation, and served as the Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Heart Association in 2011.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1987
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor, University of Iowa -
- NIH Pioneer Award, 2008
- Established Investigator Award, American Heart Association, 2005
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Mass Gen Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Mass Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children's Hospital Boston (Research Fellowship)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Heart Association, American Society for Clinical Investigation
Articles and Publications
- 3 Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Dedication, Education, Technology, Excellent Patient Care
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Travel, Family
Dr. Barry London MD's Practice location
Iowa City, Iowa 52242Get Direction
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Barry London MD | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Barry London MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. London
- Atypical Forms of Myocardial Infarction
Atypical myocardial infarction often occurs in older patients with a pronounced cardiosclerosis, circulatory failure, and often with people who have a history of heart attacks.The symptoms may confuse you, or make you think that they are not associated with the heart.Usually, atypical manifestations...
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- What to Know Before Taking Triamterene-Hydrochlorothiazide
What is triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide?Triamterene-hydrochlorothiazide is a water pill or diuretic used for the treatment of edema (fluid retention) and high blood pressure. This medication is usually prescribed to patients who have low amounts of potassium in the body or individuals who are at an...
- Calcium Supplements Can Increase Your Risk for Heart Attacks
According to new research, calcium supplements are usually taken by elderly people and post-menopausal women to prevent their bones from thinning. Now, it may increase the risk of a heart attack. Researchers suggest that these drugs should be taken with caution.Some of the earlier studies reported...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Should I Know About Blood Clots?
Blood flows continuously through blood vessels and supplies nutrients and oxygen to different parts of the body. At the site of an injury, a blood clot prevents excess bleeding. Under normal conditions, blood clots are lifesaving. When the clot is formed as a part of normal repair process in the...
- Dr. Christopher John Berry MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. John P Mehegan MD540 E Jefferson St Iowa City IA 52245
- Dr. Lawrence Horwitz MD12605 E 16th Ave Aurora CO 80045
- Dr. Hjalti Gudmundsson M.D.1836 South Ave La Crosse WI 54601
- Dr. Paul D Lindower MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Dr. Nicholas E Walker M.D.540 E Jefferson St Iowa City IA 52245