Barry London, MD, PhD, is Director of the Cardiovascular Medicine as well as Co-Director of the Cardiovascular Research Center at the University of Iowa Hospital in Iowa City. The Potter Lambert Chair of Internal Medicine, Dr. London's interests include inherited genetic disorders, cardiac intensive care and general cardiovascular disease.ï¿½ His research involves tracking arrhythmias of the heart using mice and the excitability of the heart using various ion channels.ï¿½ Dr. London was on the editorial board of many leading cardiovascular journals including Circulation, and served as the Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Heart Association in 2011.ï¿½
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1987
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professor, University of Iowa -
- NIH Pioneer Award, 2008
- Established Investigator Award, American Heart Association, 2005
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Mass Gen Hosp, Cardiovascular Diseases; Mass Gen Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital Program
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Children's Hospital Boston (Research Fellowship)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Heart Association, American Society for Clinical Investigation
Articles and Publications
- 3 Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
Dedication, Education, Technology, Excellent Patient Care
Hobbies / Sports
- Skiing, Travel, Family
Barry London MD's Practice location
Iowa City, Iowa 52242Get Direction
Pittsburgh, PA 15213Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Barry London MD | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Barry London MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. London
- What is Ischemia?
Ischemia refers to the condition in which the muscles of the heart do not get an adequate supply of oxygen. This mostly happens because of reduced blood flow to the cardiac muscles either due to complete blockages or due to a partial block in the blood vessels that carry blood. This condition, also...
- Types and Causes of an Irregular Heartbeat
What does an irregular heartbeat mean?An irregular heartbeat is also medically termed as arrhythmia or dysrhythmia. An irregular heartbeat happens when the heart’s electrical signals that coordinate with your heartbeat are not properly functioning. When you have an arrhythmia, your heart may:...
- What are the Causes of Heart Failure?
Heart failure refers to the condition where the organ fails to pump enough blood to different parts of the body to meet the demand. The disease refers to the weak pumping power of heart. In this condition, the rate of flow of blood through the heart is slow and the pressure increases. In most cases,...
- Lupus: What is it?
Lupus is a chronic autoimmune condition that causes damage to all parts of the body including the skin, joints, and internal organs....
- The Three Best Treatment Methods for Muscular Dystrophy
Muscular dystrophy is a very common condition that can happen to people of different ages. The thing about muscular dystrophy is that there is no definite cure for it. However, there are ways to manage the condition. There are a lot of medications and therapies that can be used in order to keep it...
- How is Congestive Heart Failure Diagnosed?
Congestive heart failure is known as a chronic condition where the heart fails to pump blood as well as it should. In the case of a heart failure, the doctor will use various methods to diagnose if you have had one. Want to know how they do it? Here are the basics:The diagnosis of any illness or...
- Brian Olshansky MD200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Christopher John Berry MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Luis F. Couchonnal M.D.200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Michael C Giudici M. D.200 HAWKINS DR IOWA CITY IA 52242
- Paul D Lindower MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242
- Robert M Weiss MD200 Hawkins Dr Iowa City IA 52242