Dr. Michael Christy M.D.
Plastic Surgeon22 South Green Street Directors Office Sui Baltimore Maryland, 21201
Michael Christy, MD, currently maintains a position at Plastic Reconstructive and Maxillofacial Surgery located in Baltimore, Maryland. Board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, Dr. Christy has nearly a decade of experience in a wide-variety of procedures including microsurgery, pediatric hand surgery, body contouring, and blepharoplasty; to name a few. After extensive training in hand and microsurgery, general surgery, and plastic surgery; Dr. Christy has been a leader in the field of plastic surgery being named Top Doc in 2012 by the US News and World Report. As well as serving his patients, Dr. Christy is an Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland Medical Center, does work in UMM's Shock Trauma Center, and attends meetings and conferences around the globe.
Education and Training
Boston University School of Medicine
American Board of Plastic Surgery- Plastic Surgery
Plastic SurgeryAmerican Board of Plastic SurgeryABPS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Traumatic aneurysm of the parietal branch of the superficial temporal artery :
- Early postoperative outcomes associated with the anterolateral thigh flap in Gustilo IIIB fractures of the lower extremity.
- Complex and rare fracture patterns in perilunate dislocations.
- Physician specialty cost differences of treating nonmelanoma skin cancer.
- Physiologic changes with abdominal wall reconstruction in a porcine abdominal compartment syndrome model.
- Manson's point: A facial landmark to identify the facial artery.
- A comprehensive examination of topographic thickness of skin in the human face.
- Endoscopic-assisted infraorbital nerve release.
- Unusual zwitterion of D,L-beta-carboxyaspartic acid: pKa and X-ray crystallographic measurements.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Attends Regional, National, and International Meetings and Conferences -
- Assistant Professor at the University of Maryland Medical Center-within Shock Trauma Center -
- US News and World Report-Top Docs Award in 2012
- Baltimore, Washington Top Docs Award in 2012
- Mount Sinai Medical Center
- University of Southern California
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons, American Society of Radiologic Technologists
Articles and Publications
- Lip Reconstruction, Patologia des Los Labias-Ripano Madrid
What do you attribute your success to?
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal, The Annals of Plastic Surgery
Dr. Michael Christy M.D.'s Practice location
Baltimore, Maryland 21201Get Direction
GARDEN CITY, NY 11530Get Direction
Dr. Michael Christy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Christy
- How to Prepare for a Breast Augmentation
You may be needed to do the following as you prepare for a breast augmentation operation:...
- Everything You Need to Know About Plastic Surgery
Plastic surgery is surgical procedure which specializes in the reconstruction and repair of damaged skin and tissue. Tissue damage can be caused by injury, surgery or any birth abnormality. The main goal of plastic surgery is to restore the shape and function of damaged skin, making it look more...
- Do I Need DHEA Supplements?
DHEA supplements have a multitude of uses, depending on what the individual wants to improve on or in his or her body. These supplements can be used for building muscles, it can be used as an anti-aging supplement, and it can even be used to aid general health conditions. Yet, what is DHEA? Are DHEA...
- How Safe is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a popular cosmetic procedure that helps to remove undesirable fat deposits from different parts of the body. Removing excess fat deposits gives the skin a smoother and better appearance. Also known as body contouring, this procedure is often done on parts of the body, including the...
- Everything You Need to Know About Septoplasty
The septum is the bone and cartilage that divides the nose into two different nostrils. The two nostrils are normally of equal size. However, when the septum moves towards one side of the nose making one smaller or larger than the other, the condition is referred to as deviated septum. There are...
- Do You Need Future Breast Augmentations After Having One?
A study done by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons in the year 2007 suggested that breast augmentation was the most common surgery in America. Evidently, 347,524 women underwent the procedure in that year alone.This increase in cases of breast augmentation has mostly been due to the undeniable...
- Dr. Branko Bojovic M.D.22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Dr. Shahrooz Sean Kelishadi MD22 S Greene St Baltimore MD 21201
- Janet P. Woodyard20 Crossroads Dr Owings Mills Maryland 21117
- Dr. Richard James Redett M.D.419 W REDWOOD ST STE 300 BALTIMORE MD 21201
- Dr. Adam N. Summers M.D.7704 Quarterfield Rd Glen Burnie MD 21061
- Dr. Nassif Elias Soueid M.D., F.A.C.S.7505 Osler Dr Towson MD 21204