Rafat Abbasi, MD, FACOG, works at Columbia Fertility Associates in Bethesda, Maryland. Dr. Abbasi specializes in reproductive endocrinology, working with the body's hormones to help discover answers to infertility, among other problems. Prior to working at Columbia, Dr. Abbasi served the United States for Army for 10 years and was Chief of Endocrinology at Brooke Army Medical Center in Texas. She now serves Suburban Hospital as their Chairperson of Gynecology, drawing on her experience as Director of the IVF program at the University of Texas Medical Center in Houston.
Education and Training
University of Sind
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking for Peers and Medical Students and Patient Groups -
- St. Joseph's Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital, National Institutes of Health (Reproductive Endocrinology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Reproductive Medicine, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Montgomery and Arlington County Medical Societies
Articles and Publications
- 10-12 Peer Reviewed Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
The Influence and Inspiration she Received from her Mother, who was a Practicing OBGYN into her 70's.
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Music, Jazz, French
Favorite professional publications
- Human Reproduction, Fertility and Sterility
- Suburban Hospital
- VA Hospital Center
Rafat Abbasi's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Rafat Abbasi | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist) | Reproductive Endocrinology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Rafat Abbasi's reviewsWrite Review
- What Causes Vaginitis?
When the vagina’s lining gets inflamed, vaginitis may occur. This is because the vagina contains its own chemical balance, and it can easily be disturbed. Women and girls can get this condition regardless of their age. Causes of VaginitisVaginitis may develop as a result of many...
- Wings of TEAL, Raising Awareness for Ovarian Cancer
Wings of TEAL is an Ovarian Cancer Support Group based in Polk County, Florida. TEAL stands for Treat Early and Live. It is also the color for ovarian cancer, worn on bracelets, shirts, and other attire by women who are battling the disease, as well as by family members who stand beside them. ...
- Alternative Treatments for Ovarian Cancer
We already know how dangerous ovarian cancer can be. Regarding this disease, it’s very important to be diagnosed in the early stages, because there are better chances that the cancer will be cured. There are four cancer stages and as we said, the first one is the least dangerous one. Same goes for...
- Over the Coutner Remedeis for UTI's: What Works?
There are various remedies to treat urinary tract infections (UTIs), but the most common and arguably the most reliable are over-the-counter medications. These are thoroughly tested medications that have shown to have minimal side-effects, and are strong enough to destroy the bacteria causing the...
- Why Should I Breastfeed My Baby?
Whether to breastfeed or bottle-feed a baby is one of the toughest choices that any expectant mothers and new parents have to make. Although the choice is personal, it is better to know a few pros and cons of each feeding method to help parents make the best choice for their babies.It is highly...
- Vitamin D Pills Can Help Reduce the Pain Caused By Menstruation
A study conducted by Italian researchers has shown that a single dose of vitamin D may reduce the pain experienced during menstrual cycles in women, and help them to avoid taking pain killers. In this study, the researchers studied the effect of vitamin D on 40 women between the ages of 18-years-old...
- Dr. Navita Modi7525 Greenway Center Drive Lanham MD 20770
- Dr. Mejebi T Mayor MD1160 Varnum St Ne Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Rony Tanios Elias M.D.1305 York Ave New York NY 10021
- Dr. Adedoyin I. Shonekan M.D.26005 Ridge Road Damascus Maryland 20872
- Dr. Kerry Ann Hudson MD8901 Wisconsin Avenue Bethesda Maryland 20889
- Dr. Glynn M. Thompson MD655 Watkins Mill Road Gaithersburg MD 20879