Doris N. Aguilar, MD, FAAP, works within Baptist Children's Hospital located in Miami, Florida. A leader in advanced pediatric care, Baptist Children's Hospital offers a variety of services such asÂ a 24-hour Children's Emergency Center with child-sized equipment; intensive care units for newborns; and specialty clinics for diabetes, cancer, cystic fibrosis, heart disease and genetics. Certified by the American Board of Pediatrics, Dr. Aguilar also is a guest lecturer within her community; also staying active in the field by being a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Dr. Doris Aguilar M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College
American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Guest Lecturer in her Community -
- Miami Children's Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
What do you attribute your success to?
Her Good Repoire with Children and their Parents, Spending Time with Them, and her Sincere Compassion for her Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Baseball, Food and Wine
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal, Pediatrics
Dr. Doris Aguilar M.D.'s Practice location
Palm Springs, Florida 33406Get Direction
HOMESTEAD, FL 33033Get Direction
Miami, FL 33176Get Direction
Dr. Doris Aguilar M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Aguilar
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- When to Seek Medication for Jaundice in Newborn Babies
Jaundice usually appears about three days after birth and disappears by the time the baby is two weeks old. Premature babies are more prone to jaundice than the mature ones. This condition can also take 5-7 days to appear. It can also stretch up to 3 weeks. Jaundice also tends to last relatively...
- Why Do the Benefits Outweigh the Risks of Circumcision?
Male circumcision has been a highly debated topic with arguments both for and against it. Various religious and traditional practices across the globe favor circumcision. However, there are also large sections of the population in other parts of the world where circumcision is not recommended by...
- What if I Do Not Want My Child to Undergo MMR Vaccination?
The MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine is recommended for all children as it is the safest, most effective way to protect children against three diseases that can have serious, even fatal, consequences. Measles is a highly contagious viral infection whose initial symptoms include fever,...
- What Is Ascariasis: Symptoms and Treatment
What is ascariasis?Ascariasis is a parasitic infection of the small intestine caused by the roundworm called Ascaris lumbricoides. Ascariasis is a common roundworm infection, especially in children. According to one of the reports from the World Health Organization (WHO), about 10 percent of the...
- Febrile Seizures Are Linked to Childhood Vaccines
Fevers leading to seizures, or febrile seizures, are terrifying to the parents and as per a new study, these seizures are somehow linked to certain vaccinations administered in childhood. Researchers from Denmark have shown that a combination of vaccines that protect against diseases, like...
- Dr. Griselda Grullon M.D4913 S DIXIE HWY WEST PALM BEACH FL 33405
- Esther B. Eisenstein18458 Vía Di Sorrento Boca Raton FL 33496
- Dr. Ruby Ann Cayco-Bell MD13001 Southern Blvd Loxahatchee FL 33470
- Dr. Greta Stiebel-Chin O.D.8170 Man O War Road Palm Beach Gardens Florida 33418
- Subhashini Yalamanchi225 S. Congress Ave. Delray Beach Florida 33445
- Dr. Ayfarah Frangieh M.D2939 N Military Trl West Palm Beach Fl 33409