Dr. Irving Raphael MD
Orthopedist475 IRVING AVE SYRACUSE NY, 13210
Irving Raphael, MD, FAAOS, FACS, works at RSM Medical Associates in Syracuse, New York. He primarily treats sports injuries, involving the shoulder, hip, knee and ankle reconstruction of ligaments and arthroscopies. Dr. Raphael serves as team doctor to the players of Syracuse University as well as team physician to Cazenovia College and other local high schools. A frequent lecturer to high school athletes on the importance of orthopedic care, Dr. Raphael serves as Director of Medicine for his current practice.
Education and Training
Yale University School of Medicine
Yale Univ Sch of Med, New Haven Ct 1971
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Orthopedics, SUNY Upstate Medical Center -
- Best Doctor in America 2009, 2010, 2011 2009
- Member American Orthopedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Member Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member Internal Knee Society (ISAKOS)
- Member American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Member Onondaga County Medical Society
- Member Medical Society of the State of New York
Experience & Accolades
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, International Arthroscopy Association
What do you attribute your success to?
His Continued Hard Work, Supportive Wife and Children
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Travel, Large Scale Model Trains
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Association of Colleges of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Irving Raphael MD's Practice location
East Syracuse, New York 13057Get Direction
SYRACUSE, NY 13210Get Direction
- Everything You Need to Know About Spinal Stenosis Surgery
It is perfectly normal to feel nervous before a major surgical operation. In fact, it would be unusual to find a patient awaiting surgery who is not worried at all. The best way to alleviate some of the concerns is to let them know exactly what to expect beforehand by addressing some of the burning...
- Scapula and Winged Scapula: Anatomy, Function, Injuries, and Defects
Anatomy of the ScapulaThe scapula is a triangular flat bone, which is also known as the shoulder blade. It lies in the upper back between the second and eighth rib. It connects the upper limb to the trunk and articulates with the humerus or upper arm bone. The articulation takes place at the...
- What Is Lumbar Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
This is a type of surgery used in treating spinal stenosis, a condition that occurs due to the narrowing of space between the spinal vertebrae. In order to have a better understanding about spinal stenosis surgery, it is important to have a clear idea about the conditions which lead to this...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Causes Tingling in Feet?
IntroductionA tingling sensation in the feet is a common concern among people. This sensation tends to be a similar feeling to the pins and needles effect. Some people may even feel pain and numbness in their feet along with a tingling sensation, which can be bothersome. However, it is not usually a...
- Is Your Child at Risk of Osgood-Schlatter Disease?
Our body is a machine and any wear and tear occurring in any of the parts of the body can impair overall body functioning. One of the common types of pain felt by a number of people is pain associated with the knees. There are various forms and causes that could be related to knee pains, one of them...
- Dr. Maria Iannolo M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Aaron James Bianco M.D.750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Michael P Nancollas MD475 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Robert A Sherman MD475 Irving Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Jonathan J Clabeaux M.D.341 Fellows Ave Syracuse NY 13210
- Dr. Mason Scott Stilwell MD750 E Adams St Syracuse NY 13210