Dr. Sonya Noor is a general surgeon practicing in Buffalo, New York. Dr. Noor specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Noor provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Calcutta Medical College
University of Calcutta / Medical College 1992
American Board of Surgery - General Surgery
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
Dr. Sonya S. Noor M.D.'s Expert Contributions
My dad's stitches opened after bypass surgery, leading to blood loss. Will it require another surgery?
What kind of bypass surgery? Heart or leg? Where is the incision? READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Faculty, University of Buffalo and at Gates Vascular Institute -
- Suny Buffalo Grad Med-Dent, Vascular Surgery; U Hosp-Suny Hlth Sci Ctr, General Surgery
- SUNY Syracuse
- Medical University of South Carolina
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Western New York Vascular Society, Eastern Vascular Society
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
She is fortunate to be involved in a new field that he is passionate about and having the new technology.
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Travel
- Kaleida Hospital System
- Buffalo General
- Millard Fillmore Gates Circle Hospital
- Millard Fillmore Suburban Hospital
- Sisters of Charity Hospital
Dr. Sonya S. Noor M.D.'s Practice location
Buffalo, New York 14203Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Sonya S. Noor M.D. | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Sonya S. Noor M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Noor
- 3 Reasons Why You Would Need a Hysterectomy
The uterus or womb, which nurtures and gestates a growing fetus till it becomes mature enough for delivery, can also become the source of life-threatening complications that require surgical intervention. There are at least three prominent reasons why a hysterectomy (uterus removal) might be...
- Laparoscopy and Infertility
LaparoscopyA laparoscopy is a surgical procedure, which allows doctors to examine your abdominal organs. In females, their fallopian tubes, uterus, and ovaries are found in the pelvic region, which is at the bottom of the abdomen. The procedure uses a laparoscope to visualize the abdominal organs....
- What is the Central Venous Catheter?
The central venous catheter is a type of a catheter that is normally placed in a vein of large size. It is also called the central venous line or central line. Central venous catheters can be fitted in veins found in the chest, groin, arms, and neck. This type of catheter is often used in the...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Spinal stenosis is a condition where two spinal vertebrae separated by an intervertebral disc come closer as the disc wears off due to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis or trauma. When this happens, the spinal nerve that runs between them becomes compressed causing pain to the individual. The...
- Incisional Hernia: Get the Facts
An incisional hernia arises when abdominal tissue begins to poke through a soft spot in the wall of the abdomen. This type of hernia only occurs as the result of the incision made in a prior abdominal surgery. An incisional hernia may be the result of poor healing, infection, or technical problems a...
- Recovery from an Appendectomy
The surgical removal of the appendix is very safe nowadays because of laparoscopy, which basically involves inserting a little tube with a camera on it to see the internal parts of the body. In a laparoscopy, surgeons will make a very small incision and see everything in detail while they...
- Dr. Fadi Dagher MD100 High St Buffalo NY 14203
- Dr. Joseph Skitzki MDElm and Carlton St Buffalo NY 14263
- Dr. Alan R Posner MD100 High St Buffalo NY 14203
- Dr. Jeffrey W Berndtson M.D.3345 Southwestern Blvd Orchard Park NY 14127
- Dr. Akram S Talhouk MD85 High St Buffalo NY 14203
- Dr. Vivian Leslie Lindfield M.D.3915 Sheridan Dr. Buffalo NY 14226