Arlo J. Miller, MD, PhD, works at Miller J. Family Dermatology in Issaquah, Washington. Part of the Medical Scientist Training Program at Harvard, Dr. Miller also has a PhD in Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharmacology, enhancing his background in Mohs surgery and phototherapy, using lasers to eradicate skin problems. Also practicing at Virginia Mason Medical Center and Swedish Medical Center, Dr. Miller has seen every sort of dermatological problem due to his education at the Mayo Clinic.
Education and Training
Augsburg College in Minneapolis B.A. Biology and Chemistry 1997
Harvard Medical School M.D. 2006
Harvard University PhD. Biological Chemistry and Molecular Pharm. 2004
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2011
- MLANA/MART1 and SILV/PMEL17/GP100 are transcriptionally regulated by MITF in
- Transcriptional regulation of the melanoma prognostic marker melastatin (TRPM1) by MITF in melanocytes and melanoma.
- Sumoylation of MITF and its related family members TFE3 and TFEB.
- Sphingosine-1-phosphate decreases melanin synthesis via microphthalmia-associated transcription factor phosphorylation through the S1P3 receptor subtype.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Medical Dermatology
- Adult Acne
- Teenage Acne Solutions
- Dermatitis and Eczema
- Surgical Dermatology
- Actinic Keratoses
- Basal Cell Carcinoma
- Skin Cancer Screening
- Skin Cancer Treatment
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Halo Resurfacing Laser
- Forever Young Bbl
- Laser Hair Removal
- Hydrafacial Md
- Dermal Fillers
- Lip Filler
- Full Body Skin-Checkup
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Fractional Laser Rejuvenation
- Halo™ Hybrid Fractional Laser
- BBL Acne Therapy
- Bbl- Broadband Light Laser - Sciton
- Professional Member American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Professional Member American Society for Mohs Surgery
- Professional Member American Academy of Dermatology
- Professional Member Harvard Medical School
- Professional Member Dermatology Interest Group
- Professional Member GSAS Harvard Biotechnology Club
- Professional Member Augsburg College Academic Affairs Committee
- Mayo Clinic (Dermatology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology, National Psoriasis Foundation, American Society for Mohs Surgery, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
What do you attribute your success to?
Great Education, Guiding Mentors, Great Opportunities
Hobbies / Sports
- Travel, Family Time
Arlo J. Miller MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Arlo J. Miller MD | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Arlo J. Miller MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How is Chicken Pox Diagnosed?
Chicken pox is a very serious viral disease that results from the varicella zoster virus. The most common sign and indicator of chicken pox is the blistering rash all over one's body. The symptoms are more evident during the cold season, and young children are to be vaccinated against the disease....
- Candidiasis of the Skin: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
A candidiasis infection of the skin is caused by a fungus called Candida. A small number of Candida organisms are naturally found in your skin and do not cause any harm. However, under certain conditions, these Candida organisms can sometimes multiply and cause infection. The skin is one of the...
- Syphilis Symptoms
Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease (STD) that can cause serious health problems when left untreated. This is caused by a type of bacteria known as Treponema pallidum. This disease can be treated easily in its earlier stage with the right medication. Early diagnosis and knowing the early...
- Tips to Consider to Protect Your Healthy, Glowing Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body and is normally exposed to a number of things that can take away its natural glow.OverexposureThere was a general belief that it is normal to apply oil on one's skin at the start of sunbathing. Over a period of time, dermatologists warned us about the harm...
- How Are Cold Sores Diagnosed?
A cold sore is a common viral infection which is caused by Herpes Simplex Virus or HSV. HSV is quite commonly present in all our blood streams and wakes up when our immune system gets suppressed or weak. So often when one has fever or cold, they can observe small, fluid-filled blisters, usually in a...
- How to Achieve Beautiful Glowing Skin
How Can I Have Glowing Skin?Is there anything that can make your skin brighter and more noticeable even without make-up? Yes, your glowing skin! It is true that hereditary factors play a role in getting that glow, but that's really just the beginning. People need to diligently follow good skin care...
- Dr. James Connelley Collyer M.D.1021 MERCER ST SEATTLE WA 98109
- Dr. Susanne L. Gee M.D.3623 SW ALASKA ST SEATTLE WA 98126
- Dr. Samir P. Master M.D.1414 116th Ave NE Bellevue WA 98004
- Dr. Carmen M Berger MD3131 E MADISON ST STE 205 SEATTLE WA 98112
- Dr. Roy Mitchell Colven M.D.325 9th Ave Seattle WA 98104
- Dr. Russell B Caldwell MD1810 116th Ave Ne Bellevue WA 98004