William R. Helfrich Jr., MD, works at South Shore Urology Associates in South Weymouth, Massachusetts. Dr. Helfrich served 2 years with the United States Army, with the Fort Campbell Army Base and was discharged with the rank of Major. He also serves as Chief of Urology at Fort Campbell Army Medical Center and Quincy Medical Center. He founded his current practice in 1976 and continues to practice at other local area hospitals.
Education and Training
American Board of Urology - Urology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Locally for Peers, Continued Medical Education -
- Commendation Medal, US Army
- Boston City Hospital
- Boston City hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Urological Association, American Medical Association, Massachuetts Medical Society, Boston Urological Society, Massachusetts Association of Practicing Urologists, American Association of Clinical Urologists
Articles and Publications
- 3 Peer Reviewed Works
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Great Patient Care
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Travel
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
- South Shore Hospital
- Quincy Medical Center
- Milton Hospital
William R. Helfrich, Jr.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With William R. Helfrich, Jr. | Urologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
William R. Helfrich, Jr.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Exactly Is an Orgasm?
An orgasm is the peak of sexual excitement in both men and women. It is often stimulated by genital pleasure and followed by an ejaculation in men. Sometimes, orgasm is called climaxing or coming. The heart beats faster and breathing gets heavier and quicker when you have an orgasm.In women, orgasms...
- Is Prostate Cancer Asymptomatic?
What is prostate cancer?The prostate is a small gland located close to the bladder that produces prostatic fluid in men. This gland is responsible in the working of the male reproductive system. Prostate cancer is therefore a cancer that affects the prostate gland, causing growth of malignant cells...
- What Causes Blood in the Urine?
The presence of blood in the urine could cause anxiety. Although there are cases where the cause is actually not a cause of concern, some cases may also indicate a serious condition.Blood in the urine is known as hematuria. The blood that you can see with your naked eye is referred to as gross...
- What Is the Life Expectancy for Bladder Cancer?
What is a bladder?The bladder can be described as a hollow organ, which is located next to the kidneys. The bladder functions by collecting all the urine coming from the kidneys through the ureter. It then stores the urine until it is removed from the body.Having a bladder cancer causes an...
- Are There Effective Treatments For Genital Herpes?
While there is no cure for genital herpes, there are several treatments that may be effective in providing relief for symptoms. Treatment is not only aimed at relieving symptoms but also helps to reduce the frequency of outbreaks. Certain treatments may even reduce the chances of transmitting...
- Does AZO Work for UTIs?
What is AZO?AZO is an analgesic that relieves urinary discomfort caused by a urinary tract infection or catheter use. It is a brand name for phenazopyridine hydrochloride. It eases the pain in the urinary tract by soothing the mucous membranes. However, its exact mechanism remains unknown.The active...
- Dr. Pierre John Mendoza Other446 Jack Martin Blvd. Brick New Jersey 08724
- Dr. Abdul-rahman Ahmed Babeir MBBS2100 Dorchester Ave. Boston MA 02124
- Dr. Wilmer Burton Roberts MD, PH.D.133 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Michael C Kearney MD319 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Joseph Borer MD300 Longwood Ave Boston MA 02115
- Dr. Tony Luongo MD1611 Nw 12th Ave Miami FL 33136