Edward S. Szuszczewicz, MD, works at Front Range Orthopaedics in Colorado Springs, Colorado. He specializes in total joint replacement, trauma and fracture care of the hip and knee. For his research in hip surgery, which has been published, Dr. Szuszczwicz received the prestigious Charnley Award for his efforts. He travels to Salida as well to tend to patients who are not in the Coloardo Springs area, and also practices at Sky Ridge Medical Center, and Memorial Health Systems.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1994
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1994
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery - Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Charnley Award, 2003
- Torn Meniscus
- Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, Orthopedic Surgery; Univ Of Co Sch Of Med, General Surgery
- Tulane University 1995
- LSU HEALTH SCIENCES
- Tulane University School of Medicine
- Anderson Orthopaedic Research Institute (Joint Replacement); Harbor ? ULCA Division of Orthopaedic Surgery (Adult Reconstruction)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
Articles and Publications
- Articles and Books
What do you attribute your success to?
Great Mentors, Education, Technology, Complete Patient Care, Making a Difference in Patient's Lives
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Soccer, Traveling
Dr. Edward S. Szuszczewicz MD's Practice location
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80920Get Direction
LONE TREE, CO 80124Get Direction
Colorado Springs, CO 80910Get Direction
Dr. Edward S. Szuszczewicz MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...
- Is Your Child at Risk of Osgood-Schlatter Disease?
Our body is a machine and any wear and tear occurring in any of the parts of the body can impair overall body functioning. One of the common types of pain felt by a number of people is pain associated with the knees. There are various forms and causes that could be related to knee pains, one of them...
- Physical Activity Benefits Knees
Results from a new study contradict earlier reports that exercise may not be beneficial for the knees. According to the new study, there is no doubt that exercise improves knee cartilage and the overall knee health. The researchers do agree that exercise is linked with increased chances of bony...
- What Are the Different Types of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a type of joint disorder that involves the inflammation and deformation of one or more joints in the body. The term 'arthritis' comes from the Greek words 'arthro,' which means joint, and 'itis,' a suffix that implies inflammation. There are more than 100 different types of arthritis...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- Dr. Gregg G. Martyak M.D.2925 Professional Pl Colorado Springs Colorado 80904
- Dr. Timothy Sales O'brien M.D.3920 N Union Blvd Colorado Springs CO 80907
- Dr. Steven B Waskow MD209 S Nevada Ave Colorado Springs CO 80903
- Dr. Eric K Jepson DO4110 BRIARGATE PKWY COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80920
- Dr. Mindy Siegel MD175 S UNION BLVD STE 300 COLORADO SPRINGS CO 80910
- Dr. Paul B Rahill MD1755 S 8th St Colorado Springs CO 80905