Dr. John Simmer M.D.
Ear-Nose and Throat Doctor (ENT)316 Martin Luther King Jr.Way Suite 305 Tacoma Washington, 98405
General Otolaryngology. Special interestin endoscopic sinus surgery, thyroid/parathyroid surgery
Education and Training
University of Minnesota
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1989
University of Mn Med Sch 1989
American Board of Otolaryngology- Otolaryngology
OtolaryngologyAmerican Board of OtolaryngologyABOto
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Instructs Residents -
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery, Society of Military Otolaryngologists, American College of Surgeons, Washington State Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Hard Work, Attention to Detail
Teaching and speaking
Chief of Otolaryngology-HSS at Madigan Army Medical Center from 2004-2009
Hobbies / Sports
- cooking, skiing, biking, travel
Dr. John Simmer M.D.'s Practice location
Tacoma, Washington 98405Get Direction
LAKEWOOD, WA 98499Get Direction
Dr. John Simmer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Simmer
- What is Swimmer’s Ear and How to Get Rid of it
What Is Swimmer's Ear?The ear is a rather delicate part of the human body. It is also an organ that is highly susceptible to infections and exposure to dirt and dust from various sources. Swimmer’s ear is an infection that primarily occurs in the outer ear canal, a pipe-like tube that goes from...
- What to Avoid If You Have Vertigo
Vertigo is a symptom of many diseases. It is a condition where a person feels as though he or she is spinning or their surrounding is spinning. Vertigo occurs as a result of disorders in the inner ear. The causes of vertigo may be divided into peripheral and central problems.Peripheral disorders...
- Top Five Reasons Why Your Diet Can Negatively Affect Vertigo
Causes of Vertigo...
- Treatments for Sinusitis
Sinusitis is a common infection, although most people who suffer from the condition use ineffective treatments. Before going to the pharmacy, you should first learn about the appropriate treatment for your condition.Sinuses are tiny openings found in the skull and are usually filled with air. They...
- How is Sinusitis Diagnosed?
Diagnosing sinusitis can be a tricky affair, considering that the symptoms closely resemble those related to colds and the flu. Very often, sinusitis develops from the infection triggered by cold and flu viruses, bacteria and fungi, and often lingers even after the disease-causing microbes have done...
- Laryngitis: What is Epiglottitis?
Epiglottitis is marked by swollen flesh in the epiglottis. It can be a fatal disease.Epiglottis is located at the bottom of the tongue. Majority of its component is cartilage. It assists in stopping food from getting into the trachea. The epiglottis’ flesh can get inflamed and close your wind...
- Dr. Greg E. Davis MD, MPH104 27TH AVE SE PUYALLUP WA 98374
- Dr. Eric T Waterman MD4033 Talbot Rd S Renton WA 98055
- Dr. Peter F Maurice M.D.16259 Sylvester Rd Sw Seattle WA 98166
- Dr. Tracy Peterson Eriksson MD33501 1st Way S Federal Way WA 98003
- Dr. Douglas Melville Sorensen M.D.1608 S J ST FL 5 TACOMA WA 98405
- Dr. Ryan E Stern MD34612 6th Ave S Federal Way WA 98003