Barry J. Fish, MD, has a private practice in Fairlawn, Ohio. He specializes in laparoscopic surgery for women, and is also the Director of the Akron General Women's Health Clinic. A lead investigator for Radiant Research, he has consisently won awards for Attending Physician of the Year at Akron General. He has been at his practice since 1999 and also is an assistant professor at Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and Pharmacy.
Education and Training
Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Dr. Barry J. Fish M.D.'s Expert Contributions
You should talk to your doctor in more detail. Also you need to find out if your mother and grandmother had genetic testing done. The earliest time to start screening would be at age 30 or sometimes 10 years earlier than the earliest person that had cancer and there are several variables that may come in the play so there needs to be further discussion with your doctor regarding the types of screening as well as the genetic testing options that are now available as they are more commonly covered under insurance. READ MORE
You'll need to use back up birth control such as condoms for this month. You may just resume the daily pill if you have returned. There may be some abnormal uterine bleeding whenever you miss more than one or two pills for a month. In the future if you miss one pill, you may double up the next day. However, if you miss more than two pills you should always use a back up birth control for that month. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Resident Lectures, Medical Student Lectures, Patient Education -
- Assistant Professor, Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine and Pharmacy -
- Teaching Awards at Akron
- 2 Time Teacher of the Year
- Summa Health System, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- Akron City Hospital
- SUMMA Health Systems
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association, Ohio State Medical Association, The Medical Society of Greater Akron, The Society of Pelvic Reconstructive Surgeons, American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine, Central Association of Obstetrics and Gynecology (CAOG)
What do you attribute your success to?
Always Remembering that Patient Care is his number one focus and concern
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal, Grey Journal, Contemporary OBGYN, Medical Economics
Dr. Barry J. Fish M.D.'s Practice location
Fairlawn, Ohio 44333Get Direction
FAIRLAWN, OH 44333Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Barry J. Fish M.D. | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Barry J. Fish M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fish
- 6 Health Benefits of Taking a Sitz Bath
What is a sitz bath?A sitz bath is a shallow bath using warm water to help ease pain or itching in the perineum, the area between the anus and the scrotum or vulva. The word sitz is derived from the German word sitzen, meaning to sit. A sitz bath is usually recommended for people who have an anal...
- Lupus and Pregnancy: An Improving Outlook
In the past, most — if not all — lupus sufferers were warned against getting pregnant. The combination of signs and symptoms, coupled with the bodily strain from the pregnancy, would combine into a high-risk situation for both the mother as well as the baby. Furthermore, the fact that most...
- 3 Reasons Why You Would Need a Hysterectomy
The uterus or womb, which nurtures and gestates a growing fetus till it becomes mature enough for delivery, can also become the source of life-threatening complications that require surgical intervention. There are at least three prominent reasons why a hysterectomy (uterus removal) might be...
- How Long Can Sperm Live?
Introduction An average man ejaculates 1/2 teaspoon to 1 teaspoon of semen. This small amount of semen contains millions of sperm cells. It only takes one sperm to fertilize an egg, but each sperm has a limited life span, which begins once it leaves a man's body.For a couple trying to have a baby,...
- Antibiotic Use by Pregnant Women Is a Risk Factor for Crohn’s and Colitis, Study Says
The correct use of antibiotics for treating medical conditions can be a hot topic of discussion. While many antibiotics provide powerful relief for a variety of conditions, there is some discussion about the negative side effects that can occur with the use of certain antibiotics. According to a...
- Nausea During Pregnancy: What Causes Nausea and How to Treat it
Nausea is that weird and unpleasant sensation in your stomach which makes you want to throw up or vomit. It is generally a feeling associated with the upper abdominal region. Nausea is also known as qual and is a feeling that can be triggered due to a number of reasons including the side effects of...
- Dr. Beth A. Reynolds DO6847 North Chestnut Street Ravenna Ohio 44266
- Miss Sandhia Varyani MD33001 Solon Rd Solon OH 44139
- Dr. Stephany A George MD6115 Powers Blvd Cleveland OH 44129
- Dr. Marc E Snelson M.D.34501 Aurora Rd Solon OH 44139
- Dr. Meghan J Foote D.O.3985 MEDINA RD MEDINA OH 44256
- Dr. Joseph F. Zebari MD3634 W MARKET ST FAIRLAWN OH 44333