John Nkolo Mubang, MD, FACSG, FACEP, MACSG, maintains his own private practice in Florida and is on the faculty at Jerik University Corporation. An internal medicine physician of over 20 years, Dr. Mubang has published articles on abuse of the elderly in the prestigious, peer-reviewed journal from the American College of Specialists in Geriatrics, of which he is also a Fellow. Dr. Mubang is a leader is his field, being recently appointed as a consultant for the National Institute of Medicine; as well as having the title of Fellow of the American College of Emergency Medicine. His acheievements and accolades are numerous, providing medical care in third world countries and lecturing around the globe.
Education and Training
Southwestern University-Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine
Southwestern University College of Medicine 1983
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- Physicians 4 Responsible Health
- Patients Choice Award, 1998-1999 Medical Director
- Recently Apointed as Consultant for the National Institute of Medicine
- Back Pain
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital Program
- SUNY Downstate Medical Center (Geriatrics, Addiction Medicine, Pain Medicine)
- Veteran Affairs Medical Center, SUNY Health Science Center (Ambulatory Medicine)
Professional Society Memberships
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
Articles and Publications
- Published on Abuse of the Elderly in the American College of Specialists in Geriatrics Journal
What do you attribute your success to?
- Opportunity the United States had for him, lots of hard work, and the support from his wonderful wife.
- Community service, provides medical care for third world countries, and giving to charity.
Hobbies / Sports
- Basketball, Tennis
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine, Journal of American Medical Association
- University Community Hospital
- Saint Joseph's Hospitals
Dr. John Nkolo Mubang MD's Practice location
West Seffner, Florida 33584Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John Nkolo Mubang MD | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John Nkolo Mubang MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Mubang
- Understanding the Health Benefits of Potassium
We all know that potassium is one of the essential nutrients our body needs to perform different functions. Along with other key macrominerals including magnesium, calcium, sodium, phosphorus, sulfur, and chloride, our body needs potassium to maintain a healthy metabolism.Our body does not naturally...
- Women Who Smoke Increase Their Risk for Hot Flashes
According to a recent study, women who smoke frequently are prone to more hot flashes during menopause, compared to women who do not smoke at all. Earlier studies suggest that there is a link between smoking and early menopause, in addition to menopause encourages worse symptoms. A recent study that...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- What's the Difference Between Salt and Sodium?
IntroductionWhen people say salt, they usually mean the common table salt. Salt is a mineral that is mainly composed of sodium chloride (NaCl). To distinguish table salt from a class of chemical compounds called salts, the terms rock salt or the mineral name halite is used. Sodium is also...
- Do Women Need Additional Supplements?
Women try to include more healthy options in their diet — fruits, vegetables, healthy fats, and whole grains. Many experts still advise women to concentrate on healthier diets, rather than focusing on pills and supplements.MultivitaminsMany experts were of the opinion that multivitamin...
- Urine Culture and Sensitivity Test: What Is It?
Urine Culture and Sensitivity TestA urine culture is a laboratory test that can identify specific types of germs that cause urinary tract infections. A urinary tract infection occurs when bacteria enter the urinary system through the urethra. Bacteria can rapidly grow and multiply, and cause an...
- Dr. Margaret Theodore M.D.5420 Webb Road Tampa Florida 33615
- Dr. Karon Locicero MD2605 West Swann Avenue Tampa Florida 33609
- Dr. Steve Wayne Smith M.D.102 Southern Oaks Drive Plant City Florida 33563
- Joseph Mario Solinas100 La Palma Court Venice Florida 34292
- Dr. Yvonne Santiago MD16590 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa FL 33618
- Ms. Anne C Hermann MD6387 Central Avenue Saint Petersburg FL 33710