Steven Wayne Smith, MD, works at a private practice in Plant City, Florida. Dr. Smith specializes in measuring the fat content in people's blood panels, otherwise known as lipidology. He uses this information to assess people's conditions for a variety of diseases in adults. Dr. Smith has also published clinical research on the topic in medical journals.
Education and Training
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1987
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
- St John Hosp & Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Wayne State Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- National Lipid Association, American College of Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Published Clinical Research
What do you attribute your success to?
- Listening to Patients, Caring for Each Patient, Being Available at all Times for Them
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Reading, Traveling
- South Florida Baptist Hospital
- St. John's Hospital
Dr. Steve Wayne Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Plant City, Florida 33563Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Steve Wayne Smith M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Steve Wayne Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- What is Herpes?
Herpes is a viral infection caused by the herpes simplex virus, which is of two types – herpes simplex type 1 (HSV-1) and herpes simplex type 2 (HSV-2). HSV-1 causes blisters and sores in and around mouth, referred to as cold sores, oral herpes, or fever blisters. In HSV-2 infection, sores are...
- What Should I Know About Hangovers?
Many of us seem to know how to enjoy the night out and avoid the most uncomfortable hangover symptoms. Some of the tips seem to work quite well, while few others are just not enough. Many alternatives leave you feeling worse than normal. Many feel that hangovers are not a huge concern. The reality...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Valley Fever?
Valley fever, or coccidioidomycosis, is a fungal infection that usually presents itself in the form of a lung disease. This condition is also known by the name desert fever, desert rheumatism, and San Joaquin Valley fever. This condition is very mild, in most cases, and requires no special...
- Leukopenia: Symptoms, Causes, and Treatment
What is leukopenia?White blood cells (WBCs) are an important part of the immune system, which is why they are called as "fighter cells". There are five different types of white blood cells (WBCs) in our body. They are neutrophils, eosinophils, basophils, monocytes, and lymphocytes. Each type of WBC...
- What Causes Dehydration?
Humans have approximately 60 percent of water in the body. Even if 1.5-2 percent of that water is lost, mild dehydration will start, which can lead to severe dehydration requiring immediate medical attention. Because your mood, energy level, and coordination deteriorate with the loss of body fluids,...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Hepatitis A?
Hepatitis A is a liver disease caused by a virus of the same name. Hepatitis A is one of the different types of virus that affects the liver and results in inflammation. The disease may be mild to severe, affecting the functioning of the liver. In mild cases, no special treatment is required and the...
- Dr. John Nkolo Mubang MD741 Martin Luther King Blvd. West Seffner Florida 33584
- Dr. Yvonne Santiago MD16590 N Dale Mabry Hwy Tampa FL 33618
- Dr. Margaret A Colleran M.D.13403 Boyette Rd Riverview FL 33569
- Dr. Akua Wiredu MD1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland FL 33805
- Dr. Syed Ali Safdar M.D.37900 Daughtery Rd Zephyrhills FL 33541
- Dr. Chris Nussbaum MD3550 Buschwood Park Dr Tampa FL 33618