Steven Wayne Smith, MD, works at a private practice in Plant City, Florida. Dr. Smith specializes in measuring the fat content in people's blood panels, otherwise known as lipidology. He uses this information to assess people's conditions for a variety of diseases in adults. Dr. Smith has also published clinical research on the topic in medical journals.
Education and Training
Ross Univ- Sch Of Med & Vet Med- Roseau- Dominica 1987
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
- St John Hosp & Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Wayne State Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- National Lipid Association, American College of Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Published Clinical Research
What do you attribute your success to?
- Listening to Patients, Caring for Each Patient, Being Available at all Times for Them
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Reading, Traveling
Dr. Steve Wayne Smith M.D.'s Practice location
Plant City, Florida 33563Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Steve Wayne Smith M.D. | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Steve Wayne Smith M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Smith
- What Do Tonsils Look Like?
Introduction Tonsils are a pair of lymphoid tissues that are located at the back of the throat. They belong to the lymphatic system and help fight infections. Normally, they are pinkish in color. However, sometimes, tonsils become enlarged, red, and irritated when they get infected.When they are...
- What Is Hormone Therapy?
Hormone therapy is often used to relieve menopausal symptoms. However, since estrogen plays a crucial role in maintaining bone health, hormone therapy is another treatment option for osteoporosis.How does hormone therapy work?Following menopause, your body produces less estrogen and progesterone...
- What Is Nicotine?
IntroductionNicotine is an alkaloid stimulant that comes from the nightshade family of plants, particularly from the leaves of tobacco. The type of nicotine found in tobacco plants is called Nicotiana tabacum. Nicotine can also be synthetically produced. Thousands of chemicals are contained in...
- There's No Doubt: Active Children Have Healthy Hearts
Vigorous exercise for 30 minutes every day lowers the risk of heart disease in children, when compared to those who do not exercise. Kids who had regular, moderate exercise for 35 minutes a day had very low levels of cholesterol, triglycerides blood glucose levels, blood pressure, and a small waist...
- What Causes Cat Scratch Fever?
What is cat scratch fever?Cat scratch fever is also known as "cat scratch disease", which is a type of bacterial infection. The disease got its name because humans contract the infection from cats that are infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae, which is one of the most common...
- What Is IBS with Diarrhea (IBS-D)?
If you are suffering from IBS-D, you may experience belly pain that is usually associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and you will be forced to make several trips to the bathroom. The letter "D" stands for "diarrhea".General CausesThere is no actual cause of IBS-D. However, the following are...
- Dr. John Nkolo Mubang MD741 Martin Luther King Blvd. West Seffner Florida 33584
- Dr. Margaret A Colleran M.D.13403 Boyette Rd Riverview FL 33569
- Dr. Yvonne Santiago MD500 VONDERBURG DR STE 102E BRANDON FL 33511
- Dr. Akua Wiredu MD1600 Lakeland Hills Blvd Lakeland FL 33805
- Dr. Khalid Saeed DO201 East Kennedy Blvd Tampa Florida 33602
- Dr. Ahmed Tariq Butt M.D.12901 Bruce B Downs Blvd Tampa FL 33612