Nathan Rothman, MD, works at South Shore Pulmonary Medicine PC in Lawrence, New York. He specializes in treating diseases of the lungs and respiratory system. A Professor at SUNY Downstate in Brooklyn, Dr. Rothman was the winner of the Doctor's Excellence Award in 2013 for his excellent work with patients.
Education and Training
Albert Einstein College of Medicine
Albert Einstein College of Medicine - Yeshiva University 1974
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Professor, SUNY Downstate -
- The Doctors Excellence Award, 2013
- Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Pulmonary Diseases; Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Internal Medicine; Hahnemann Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine
- Drexel University College of Medicine/Hahnemann University Hospital Program
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Hahnemann Hospital
- Montefiore Medical Center
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians, American College of Chest Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
- Good Education, Dedication, Quality Patient Care, Making a Difference
Hobbies / Sports
- Tennis, Traveling
- St. John's Episcopal Hospital
- Mercy Hospital
- St. Catherine of Siena Medical Center
- Franklin Hospital
Dr. Nathan Rothman MD's Practice location
Lawrence, New York 11559Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Nathan Rothman MD | Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Nathan Rothman MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Rothman
- Can Asthma Develop in Adulthood?
In the not-so-distant past, researchers believed that asthma was a condition that always developed during childhood, and one that merely worsened in later adulthood. That theory has since been proven wrong, as asthma has begun to affect problem-free individuals in their thirties and later adult...
- Radiologists Look for Patterns in Cystic Fibrosis as More Adults Are Diagnosed
Recent research shows that there is an increasing number of adults being diagnosed with cystic fibrosis. This information is leading scientists to believe cystic fibrosis is now just as much of an adult condition as a childhood condition. This increase has caused scientists and radiologists to...
- What Pathogens Can Cause Pneumonia?
What are pathogens?Viruses, bacteria, fungus, or, in some rare cases, parasites and other microorganisms are involved in the development of pneumonia. Viruses cause the majority of pneumonia in young children. Adults who have weaker immunity are more frequently infected with bacteria.Pathogens, in...
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- 8 Doctor-Recommended Treatments for Bronchitis
Bronchitis is inflammation of the cells lining the bronchial tubes. It is a lower respiratory tract infection that usually follows an upper respiratory tract infection from the Influenza virus or other infectious agent. Acute bronchitis can occur in anyone and is generally suspected when a person...
- Does the Treatment of Asthma Always Require an Inhaler?
Asthma is considered a common lung disorder in which inflammation causes the bronchi to swell and narrow the airways. Asthma is indiscriminant of any age group. It is a long term disease that has no cure but can be controlled by following the right dosage of medication, prescribed by a doctor or...
- Charles Oribabor244 5th Avenue New York New York 10001
- Theo Trandafirescu Other21616 Union Turnpike Oakland Gardens New York 11364
- Dr. Jack Michael Mann M.D.42-23 Francis Lewis Blvd. Bayside NY 11361
- Dr. Edward Fitzpatrick MD7220 17th Ave Brooklyn NY 11204
- Dr. Wilfredo Talavera M.D.205 Lexington Avenue New York NY 10016
- Dr. Joseph Lowy MD436 3rd Ave New York NY 10016