Kumudhini Hendrix, MD, maintains a position within the internationally recognized MedStar Georgetown University Hospital; containing healthcare professionals that have reputations of medical excellence. With over 20 years of experience, Dr. Hendrix is well-versed and clinically interested in neuroanesthesiology; making her responsible for ensuring optimal operating conditions for neurosurgeons in the hospital, while ensuring unconsciousness, maintenance of good brain blood flow and oxygen levels, and appropriate pain management during and after the procedure. Double board certified in anesthesiology and medical acupuncture, she has been awarded the Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching for nine years. An active physician in her field, Dr. Hendrix has volunteered all around the globe including in Haiti and India, has contributed various medical publications on her field of interest, and is an esteemed member to medical associations including the American Society of Anesthesiologists.
Education and Training
University of Maryland
American Board of Anesthesiology- Anesthesiology
American Board of Medical Acupuncture- Acupuncture
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Golden Apple Award for Excellence in Teaching, 1999-2006, 2010
- State University of New York- Brooklyn
- Union Memorial Hospital
- University of Maryland (Neuroanesthesia)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Medical Association,American Society of Anesthesiologists, Society of Neurosurgical Anesthesia and Critical Care, Society for Education in Anesthesia
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Her mentors, who have shared their knowledge and inspired her to go further in her career.
- Volunteered in several countries: Haiti after the earthquake in 2011, Ghana medical missions in 2006, India two times.
Hobbies / Sports
- Outdoor Activities, Hiking, Traveling, Going on Safari, Seeing All the Continents
Favorite professional publications
- British Journal of Anesthesia, Journal of the American Medical Association, Anesthesia
Dr. Kumudhini Hendrix MD's Practice location
Washington, District of Columbia 20007Get Direction
BALTIMORE, MD 21201Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kumudhini Hendrix MD | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kumudhini Hendrix MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hendrix
- Do I Have Strep Throat?
What is strep throat?Strep throat is the most common form of bacterial infections of the throat and tonsils, resulting in inflammation and irritation. ...
- University Dance Promotes Cystic Fibrosis Awareness
Cystic fibrosis is considered incurable, and is a daily struggle for all of those who have it. Constant research is being poured into finding better treatment, and potentially even a cure, but Rowan's Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA) is putting their own spin (literally) on...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR5550 Friendship Blvd. Chevy Chase Maryland 20815
- Dr. Monica L. Wallace MD10810 Connecticut Ave Kensington MD 20895
- Dr. Levi Pearson M.D.2101 Medical Park Dr Silver Spring MD 20902
- Dr. David L. Chandler D.O.6900 Georgia Ave NW Washington DC 20307
- Dr. John A. Adesioye MD2041 Georgia Ave Nw Washington DC 20060
- Wissam Ali DMD9006 Crownwood Ct Burke VA 22015