John Lawson, MD, works at Cardiovascular Consultants of North Texas in Grapevine and Plano, Texas. The practice is part of the Baylor Health Care System. He specializes in treatment of the heart and vascular system.
Education and Training
University of Virginia
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
- Tolerance by ringed seals (Phoca hispida) to impact pipe-driving and construction sounds at an oil production island.
- In vitro modulation of inflammatory cytokine and IgG levels by extracts of Perna canaliculus.
- Immunomodulation of murine collagen-induced arthritis by N, N-dimethylglycine and a preparation of Perna canaliculus.
- Comparison of ReaxFF, DFTB, and DFT for phenolic pyrolysis. 2. Elementary reaction paths.
- Computational and experimental investigation of Li-doped ionic liquid electrolytes: [pyr14],[TFSI], [pyr13],[FSI], and [EMIM],[BF4].
- Structure and energetics of Li(+)-(BF4(-))n, Li(+)-(FSI(-))n, and Li(+)-(TFSI(-))n: ab initio and polarizable force field approaches.
- Ab Initio Simulations and Electronic Structure of Lithium-Doped Ionic Liquids: Structure, Transport, and Electrochemical Stability.
- Evaluation of molecular dynamics simulation methods for ionic liquid electric double layers.
- Phenolic Polymer Solvation in Water and Ethylene Glycol, I: Molecular Dynamics Simulations.
- Phenolic Polymer Solvation in Water and Ethylene Glycol, II: Ab Initio Computations.
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Med University Sc 1979
- Medical University of SC Hospitals
- University of Texas Southwestern
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication, Hard Work, Stable Marriage and Five Children
Hobbies / Sports
- Sports, Dining, Wine, Spending Time with Family
Favorite professional publications
- American College of Cardiology Journal
Dr. John Lawson MD's Practice location
Grapevine, Texas 76051Get Direction
Grapevine, TX 76051Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John Lawson MD | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John Lawson MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Lawson
- Sons Can Inherit Heart Disease from Their Fathers
A recent study has shown that some of the genes present in the Y chromosome increases the chances of heart disease by as much as 50%. Men inherit a higher risk of cardiovascular diseases directly from their fathers. This adds to the increasing evidence as to why men are more susceptible to heart...
- There is a Link Between Anabolic Steroid Use and Heart Conditions
A study published in the journal Circulation: Heart Failure, has shown that continuous use of anabolic steroids may weaken the heart. To add to the woes, researchers are not clear whether this change is a reversible one. In this study, weight lifters who took steroids regularly had impaired heart...
- What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?
What are The Signs and Symptoms of Atrial Fibrillation?Atrial fibrillation also called A-Fib is a condition of the heart which causes irregular heartbeats or arrhythmia. It causes abnormal vibrations in the atria chamber of the heart and also the ventricle chamber. In a healthy human heart, the...
- What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?
What Are The Risks For Atrial Fibrillation Surgery?Atrial fibrillation or A – Fib is an infection that causes abnormal heartbeat rhythms. As a result of this, the heart beating is not normal. Due to this abnormal heart beat, arrhythmia’s (Fast or Slow heartbeat) may develop. The most affected...
- Overweight Children Are Likely to Have High Blood Pressure
A new study published in the journal, Hypertension, shows that a child who is overweight is at risk of high blood pressure, three times more than an average weight child. In this study 1,111 children were followed up for an average of four years. Height weight and blood pressure of the...
- How Does your Triglyceride Level Affect You?
Triglycerides are produced as a product of breakdown of fats. It is also produced from carbohydrates to be stored as energy. Triglycerides are generally stored in fat cells and released when needed.The healthy range or normal level of triglycerides in the body is less than 150 milligrams per...
- Dr. Sreenivas Gudimetla M.D.1300 W. Terrell Ave Forth Worth Texas 76104
- Dr. Shahnaz Begum MD6957 West Plano Parkway Plano Texas 75093
- Dr. Shirley Ann Williams M.D.614 Edmonds Lane Lewisville Texas 75019
- Dr. Padmavathy Uppalapati M.D.1110 Cottonwood Lane Irving Texas 75038
- Dr. Shoaib Haroon Saya M.D.1001 Waldrop Drive Arlington Texas 76012
- Dr. Robert Capper MD1500 S Main St Fort Worth TX 76104