Dr. Michael Del Vecchio practices Child & Adolescent Psychiatry in Vienna, Virginia. Dr. Del Vecchio evaluates patients throughout childhood and adolescence using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Child & Adolescent Psychiatrists are trained and certified to administer psychotherapy, medication, and many other means of treatment. Dr. Del Vecchio seeks to improve each patients quality of life.
Education and Training
Georgetown University School of Medicine 1967
American Osteopathic Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Past Associate Professor, Georgetown University -
- Outstanding Officer Service Award, Washington Psychiatric Society
- Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center Program
- Georgetown University (Psychiatry)
- Georgetown University
- Child Psychology
Professional Society Memberships
- Washington Psychiatric Society
What do you attribute your success to?
- Love of Profession and Good Fortune
Hobbies / Sports
- Studying History
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal
Dr. Michael A. Del Vecchio M.D.'s Practice location
Vienna, Virginia 22182Get Direction
VIENNA, VA 22182Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael A. Del Vecchio M.D. | Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael A. Del Vecchio M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- Dr. Senna E. Greenwald M.D.6410 Rockledge Dr Bethesda MD 20817
- Dr. Lawrence A. Brain M.D.7910 Woodmont Avenue Bethesda Maryland 20814
- Dr. Asha Patton-Smith MD5999 Burke Commons Road Burke Virginia 22015
- Sonia C. Thomas11204 Waples Mill Rd Fairfax Virginia 22030
- Dr. Walker Lyerly M.D.2501 N Glebe Rd Arlington VA 22207
- Dr. Joshua Aaron Weiner M.D.2009 14th St N Arlington VA 22201