Vladimir Bokarius, MD, maintains his own private practice with two locations in California. Dr. Bokarius has over 20 years of experience as a psychiatrist, with additional knowledge in pain medicine and acupuncture. Being well-versed on the subjects, Dr. Bokarius speaks internationally on western medicine, as a guest lecturer to Congress and workshops. Dr. Bokarius has contributed several publications to the field of psychiatry, and remains active by being an esteemed member to various medical associations including the International Association for the Study of Pain.
Education and Training
Kuban State Medical Institute
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
American Board of Pain Medicine- Pain Medicine; Licensed Acupuncturist
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC's Expert Contributions
Is your life a tangled web of pain, depression, and anxiety? Perhaps the idea of life without prescribed narcotics is unimaginable, yet you hate the side effects and you prefer alcohol or other drugs to self-medicate your pain? In spite of your efforts, is pain waking you up early in the morning,...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking on the Department of Western Medicine -
- Guest Lectures- Congress and Workshops on Western Medicine -
- Cedar Sinai Medical Center
- Cedar Sinai Medical Center (Psychiatry Research)
Professional Society Memberships
- International Association for the Study of Pain, International Biotherapy Society
Articles and Publications
- Severap Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Continuing to see the goal of what medicine can do to treat his patients.
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Pain
Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Vladimir Bokarius M.D., PH.D., L.AC's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bokarius
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Everything You Need To Know About Depression
What is Depression?Depression is a mental illness in which a person constantly feels sad, anxious, hopeless, angry, and worthless. Regardless of age, this mental instability can affect any person at any time.Types of DepressionPeople experience this mood disorder in different ways. On the basis of...
- Drugs for Irritability Symptoms of Autism
Autism is a kind of disorder that affects the developmental side of a person, and it affects social and communication skills. Irritability is the major symptom of autism, which complicates the adjustments in and around the person. The person may show various behaviors, such as hostility, outbursts,...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- The Most Common Psychological Disorders
Common mental health disorders are often associated with a variety of symptoms, which can lead to significant disability or impairment for the patient and those around them. Below are some of the more common psychological disorders:DepressionDepression or major depressive disorder is a serious...
- Depression Medications and Their Side Effects
Regardless of the importance of non-medical treatment options for depression like talk therapy and physical exercise, none of them can be as quick and effective as medication. The primary form of medication for depression is antidepressants which help boost brain activity and alleviate depression...
- Dr. Deepak K. Rao MD3100 Oak Road Walnut Creek California 94597
- Dr. Javed Iqbal MD22 Oriole Court American Canyon California 94503
- Dr. Janice E. Cohen M.D.Inner Sunset San Francisco CA 94122
- Dr. William W. Foote M.D.1819 Union St San Francisco CA 94123
- Dr. Carol Banyas MD2940 Camino Diablo Walnut Creek CA 94597
- Dr. Adam Phillip Nelson M.D.45 Camino Alto Mill Valley CA 94941