Norman Goldstein, MD, FACP, works at Mount Sinai Faculty Practice Associates in New York, New York. He specializes in clinical dermatology, and is also a Professor of Dermatology. Common procedures at the practice include skin cancer checks, moles, with added expertise in tattoo removal and laser hair removal. His research led to the development of the first sunscreen, and Dr. Goldstein also served as Chief of Dermatology for the Honolulu Medical Group and Director of its Research and Education Foundation Laboratory.
Education and Training
American Board of Dermatology- Dermatology
Areas of expertise and specialization
- NYU Skin and Cancer Hospital
- Maimonides Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- New York Academy of Medicine, American Academy of Dermatology
Articles and Publications
- Has been Published; The Skin You Live In (Book)
What do you attribute your success to?
- He takes care of his patients the way he would want to be treated. He is available 24/7.
Hobbies / Sports
- Art, Photography
Favorite professional publications
- Academy of Dentistry, Archives of Dentistry
- Mount Sinai Hospital
Norman Goldstein's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Norman Goldstein | Dermatologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Norman Goldstein's reviewsWrite Review
- Mono Rash: Get the Facts
What is mono?Infectious mononucleosis or "mono" for short is a viral infection caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Although mono can affect people of all ages, it usually occurs in teenagers. The virus is transmitted and spread through infected saliva. For this reason, the infection is regarded...
- What Are Pimples: Causes and How to Get Rid of Them
What are pimples?Pimples, also known as "spots", "acne", or "zits", are inflammation of the skin or small skin lesions that are caused when excessive oil in the skin gets trapped in the pores.The oil glands of the skin get clogged and become infected. This clogging results in the formation of...
- What Are the Symptoms of Skin Cancer?
Skin cancer is characterized by uncontrolled and abnormal divisions of the skin cells, that are capable of metastasizing to other tissues and organs. This cancer affects millions of people all over the world.There are three basic types of skin cancer:...
- Are Moles Serious?
A mole, or nevi, is a small group of pigmented cells that appear in different parts of the body; moles are an extremely common skin condition. They usually range from light brown to black in color, and may be found in small clusters or as one single lesion. These benign lesions first occur in...
- How Is Hives (Urticaria) Diagnosed?
Hives are normally diagnosed by performing a detailed physical examination of the idiosyncratic reddish rash. If a patient is suffering from long-term hives, several tests may be done to establish the underlying cause.Acute Hives DiagnosisA general medical practitioner can simply diagnose mild...
- How to Treat Sun Poisoning
Sun poisoning refers to a severe form of sunburn that affects about 50% of people between the ages of 20 and 30. In this condition, over exposure to ultra violet radiations cause inflammation of the skin. Sun poisoning can result in permanent damage if not treated. Overexposure to the sun’s...
- Dr. Jeannette Graf M.D.88 Bayview Avenue Great Neck New York 11021
- Dr. Sapna Rao Palep MD95 Chambers street New York New York 10007
- Dr. Fredric Haberman D.O.,50 Market Street Saddle Brook New Jersey 07663
- Dr. Andrea N. Persaud M.D.36-A East 36th Street New York New York 10016
- Dr. Howard D. Sobel MD960 Park Avenue New York New York 10028
- Dr. John A. Carucci MD240 East 38th Street New York New York 10016