Neil R. Friedman, MD, works at Northshore University Health System in Wilmette, Illinois. Dr. Friedman specializes in urological services, that affect the kidneys, bladder and male reproductive system. He also served as the Chief of Skokie Hospital from 2001 to 2009.
Dr. Neil R. Friedman M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
University of Michigan
American Board of Urology- Urology
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Dartmouth Medical School
- Washington University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Urological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Hard Work
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Bridge
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Urology
Dr. Neil R. Friedman M.D.'s Practice location
Willmette, Illinois 60091Get Direction
Skokie, IL 60076Get Direction
Dr. Neil R. Friedman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Friedman
- What Is Balanitis: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
IntroductionBalanitis is the inflammation and swelling of the head of the penis or foreskin. This condition is not always serious but can be painful. Balanitis can happen at any age. It affects approximately one in 20 males and is more commonly seen in uncircumcised men. This condition tends to be...
- Is It Healthy To Be Circumcised?
Is It Healthy To Be Circumcised?Circumcision is a quick and simple surgical procedure that is done to remove the foreskin of the male penis. It is performed at different ages although in most cases it is done during adolescence. The procedure has a few risks such as bleeding. However, it is...
- Trichomoniasis: What You Need to Know
What is trichomoniasis?Trichomoniasis or "trich" is a common infection of the reproductive organs. It spreads by sexual contact with the infected person. For this reason, it is a type of sexually transmitted infection (STI). Women are invariably at greater risk. However, the infection is not...
- Prostate Cancer: What are the Different Medical Procedures for this Condition?
Prostate cancer is one of the most common cancers among men. There are a number of ways to treat prostate cancer. Every method involves a process of decision making, support from friends and family, and understanding side effects that result from the treatments and dealing with them.Men with...
- Is Blood In My Urine An Indication Of Cancer?
Blood in the urine can't necessarily be assumed to be a typical case of a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI). Our immediate reaction may be to undergo a course of antibiotics and anti-inflammatories, and the problem may only vanish to reappear on another day.The underlying condition producing blood in...
- Bisphenol A May Lower the Quantity and Quality of Sperm
A new study has shown that higher levels of bisphenol A (BPA) in urine may lower sperm count and motility in men, affecting their ability to father a child. The results of the study are published in the journal Fertility and Sterility and this is first of its kind to link the levels of BPA to sperm...
- Dr. Peter T. Vaselopulos MD800 Austin Street Evanston Illinois 60202
- Dr. Ajay Nehra M.D.1725 West Harrison Street Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Jaspreet Singh MD820 S Wood St # Mc955 Chicago IL 60612
- Dr. Ervin Kocjancic MD840 S Wood St Chicago Illinois 60612
- Dr. Michael Gomez M.D.2850 S. Wabash Ave. , Chicago IL 60616
- Dr. Narendra Narepalem M.D.900 Rand Rd Des Plaines IL 60016