Kamakshi Neelkantan, MD, FAAP, has a private practice in Edgewood, Maryland. She specializes in the care of treatment of diseases that affect children. In addition to teaching a program for nurse practitioners, Dr. Neelkantan also practices with Upper Chesapeake Medical Center.
Dr. Kamakshi Neelkantan M.D.'s Videos
Education and Training
All India Institute of Medical Sciences
American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics\
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Teaches a Nurse's Practitioners Program -
- Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center
What do you attribute your success to?
- Attention, Compassion, Taking Time with Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Cooking, Gardening
Favorite professional publications
- American Academy of Pediatrics Journal
Dr. Kamakshi Neelkantan M.D.'s Practice location
Edgewood, Maryland 21040Get Direction
ELKTON, MD 21921Get Direction
Dr. Kamakshi Neelkantan M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Neelkantan
- Head Motions Offer Insight into Autism for Girls
Autism was always considered to be a boy’s disorder. Girls are diagnosed with autism, too, but at a much lower rate; five times as many boys are diagnosed with autism as are girls.That may not necessarily be because boys have autism more frequently than girls, though. It is possible that girls...
- 10 Things Autism Parents Want You to Know
As parents or guardians, we all want one thing – and that is to give our children what’s best for them. There’s nothing far greater than that of a mother’s unconditional love for her son or daughter, and there’s no stronger shield than a father’s arms when he’s protecting his little...
- What Do Head Lice Eggs Look Like?
Lice lay their eggs called nits, which are placed on the hair shaft. Nits look more like dandruff but they cannot simply be shaken out of the hair like dandruff. To get rid of lice eggs, you have to follow certain steps and make sure that their eggs or nits are completely removed from the...
- How to Protect Your Child from Getting Head Lice in School
Head lice are grayish insects that feed on human blood extracted from the scalp. Female lice release sticky substances that attach all eggs to specific hair shafts. Eggs are laid a few millimeters from the shaft - an environment that offers the idyllic temperature for incubation.Everyone who comes...
- Is the MMR Vaccine Safe for My Baby?
It is natural to be concerned about whether immunization is safe for your child or not. However, doctors recommend getting children immunized because vaccines are thoroughly checked before they are licensed for use. The measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine is the most effective way to protect...
- Everything About Oral Thrush
What is oral thrush? How does oral thrush develop? What are the risk factors of developing oral thrush? What are the signs and symptoms of oral thrush? Is there treatment for oral thrush? And if it is there, what is it? These are just but some of the questions you may be asking yourself and are yet...
- Dr. Jennifer Keates-Baleeiro MD720 Rutland Avenue Baltimore MD 21205
- Dr. Diana Fertsch MD PHD1792 MERRITT BLVD DUNDALK MD 21222
- Dr. Elaine V. Wilson-colbert M.D.711 W 40th St Baltimore MD 21211
- Dr. Amanda Renee Hinkle M.D.4C North Avenue Bel Air MD 21014
- Dr. Peter J Claybour MD515 Fairmount Avenue Towson MD 21286
- Dr. Robin Andria Punsalan M.D.1800 Orleans St Baltimore MD 21287