Dr. Luis Diaz, MD
Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine2880 North Tenaya Way 405 Las Vegas Nevada, 89128
Dr. Luis Diaz practices Neurology in Las Vegas, Nevada. Dr. Diaz studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats conditions that affect the nervous system. Neurologists are trained to fully understand and treat such conditions such as Alzheimers disease and Parkinsons disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Epilepsy, Neuromuscular Disorders, Brain Tumors, Myasthenia Gravis.
Education and Training
Univ La Salle- Esc Mexicana De Med- Mexico Df- Mexico 1982
University of Mexico / Mexico City, Mexico
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local Public Speaking -
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Brain Tumor
- Multiple Sclerosis (ms)
- Spinal Stenosis
- Degenerative Disc Disease (ddd)
- Clark county medical society
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Medical Association
- Nevada state medical society
- University of California / San Francisco, CA, Neurology 1989
- University of California - San Francisco, CA
- Treatment for all neurological diseases including intravenous infusions of immunoglobulin and monoclonal antibodies.
- Internal medicine
- Neurology and neuro-oncology.
Professional Society Memberships
- American academy of Neurology American Medical association Clark County Medical Society. Nevada State medical society.
- Mountain View medical Center
What do you attribute your success to?
- My main interest is to improve the patients quality of life.
- Top Doctors award every consecutive year since 2006
Teaching and speaking
- Teaching medical students in the past from the University of Las Vegas.
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Historical places. Specially Western Europe
Favorite professional publications
- Neurology journal. JAMA , Lancet Neurology, New England Journal of Medicine
Dr. Luis Diaz, MD's Practice location
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128Get Direction
Get to know Neurologist Dr. Luis Diaz, who serves patients in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Dr. Diaz is a board-certified neurologist who has been practicing medicine in Las Vegas, Nevada since 1990. He is in private practice, offering comprehensive neurological health care.
Consistently voted Las Vegas Top Doctor since 2006, Dr. Diaz and his caring and experienced staff are dedicated to patients’ health and well-being. They treat neurological disorders, including: multiple sclerosis, movement disorders, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy, neuropathy, sleep disorders, spasmodic torticollis, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, dystonia, myopathy, fatigue, visual disturbances, and many more.
At the age of 22, Dr. Diaz graduated from medical school. He then went on to complete his internship in internal medicine and his residency in neurology at the State University of New York. There, he also received training on MRI of the brain and spinal cord interpretation which qualified him to be a member of the American Society of Neuroimaging. During his residency, he earned the position as the youngest Chief Resident of Neurology at the State University of New York hospital consortium.
Furthering his training, Dr. Diaz completed a fellowship in the treatment of brain tumors at the University of California in San Francisco. He then attained board certification in neurology through the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
Among his professional affiliations include the Clark County Medical Society, the American Academy of Neurology, the American Medical Association, and the Nevada State Medical Society.
In Nevada, Dr. Diaz is affiliated with MountainView Hospital
To this day, he continues to actively participate in medical conferences to continue keeping abreast of the latest research in neurological disorders and treatments. He attributes his success to his main interest in improving his patients’ quality of life .
Neurology is the medical specialty concerned with the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of disorders which affect any portion of the nervous system including the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerves, and the cerebrovascular system. Neurologist are doctors who diagnose and treat problems with the nervous system. They treat strokes, tumors, autoimmune diseases of the Nervous System, such as Myasthenia Gravis , Multiple Sclerosis, polyneuropathies, myopathies , movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, and a variety of dementias such as Alzheimer’s disease.
On a more personal note, Dr. Diaz’s favorite place to vacation is historical places, specifically Western Europe. His favorite professional publications include Neurology journal, JAMA, Lancet Neurology, and the New England Journal of Medicine.
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- What Are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis refers to a very common, progressive condition, characterized by weak and fragile bones. The bones are so weak that even a small strain may result in fracture. The bones lose its density gradually during the early years and this stage, which is the precursor of osteoporosis, is known as...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Valley Fever?
Valley fever, or coccidioidomycosis, is a fungal infection that usually presents itself in the form of a lung disease. This condition is also known by the name desert fever, desert rheumatism, and San Joaquin Valley fever. This condition is very mild, in most cases, and requires no special...
- Can You Prevent Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is simply inflammation of the cells lining the bronchial airways. Bronchitis affects males more often than females. Bronchitis can be due to an infection (viral or bacterial in origin) or the inhalation of smoke, dust, or any other irritating substance.Acute bronchitis is caused primarily...
- Early Stages of Lyme Disease
Lyme’s disease is acquired from the deer ticks which act as its host. The main cause, though, is a bacteria of the Borrelia type that is found in the tick saliva, and then transferred to humans whenever the tick bites.How do you contract Lyme disease?Deer ticks come in contact with humans in the...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating is when you feel a strong need to eat large amounts of food at all times without having control over it. Everybody overeats once in a while when having favorite meals or when really hungry. However, when the overeating becomes frequent and gets out of control, it crosses the line from...
- Dr. Michael Joseph Olek DO874 AMERICAN PACIFIC DR HENDERSON NV 89014
- Dr. Arlyn Valencia M.D2575 Montessouri St Las Vegas NV 89117
- Jimmy John N. Novero10170 West Tropicana Ave Las Vegas Nevada 89147
- Dr. Alfreda I. Maller M.D., PHD2020 E DESERT INN RD LAS VEGAS NV 89109
- Dr. Shanker Dixit M.D.2440 Professional Ct Las Vegas NV 89128
- Ms. Rooman F. Ahad M.D.630 S RANCHO DR STE A LAS VEGAS NV 89106