Dr. Erik Thor Bendiks MD
Orthopedist1014 Sycamore Drive Suite B Decatur Georgia, 30030
Eric Thor Bendiks, MD, FAAOS, maintains his own private practice based out of Decatur, Georgia. Dr. Bendiks is a skilled and successful leader in orthopedic surgery, having developed both the "Bendiks Stenoplasty" technique and the Percutaneous Lumbar Fusion technique. His stenoplasty technique uses minimally invasive interspinous decompression and does not remove any bone, ligament, muscle, or tendon; allowing his patients to be sent home within the same day and giving them immediate relief. Dr. Benkiks lumbar fusion technique for lower back fusion has been adopted by leading spine centers across the United States for the treatment of lumbar spinal stenosis. Certified by the American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Dr. Bendiks has taught other spine surgeons on new techniques and technology at several meetings; and he has a pioneered a 360 degree minimally invasive method for fusing vertebrae together in 2004 that he continues to use today.
Education and Training
University of Texas Southwestern
American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery- Orthopedic Surgery
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Developed both the Bendiks Stenoplasty and Percutaneous Lumbar Fusion Surgical Techniques -
- Local Public Speaking for other Physicians and Patient Education -
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Univ of Rochester Strong Mem Hosp / Rochester, NY, Orthopedics 2001
- University of Miami (Orthopedic)
- Univeristy of Rochester (Spine Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Medical Association of Georgia
What do you attribute your success to?
- Treating his Patients like Family
Hobbies / Sports
- Traveling, Languages
Favorite professional publications
- Spine, Journal of Spinal Disorders and Techniques
Dr. Erik Thor Bendiks MD's Practice location
Decatur, Georgia 30030Get Direction
ROSWELL, GA 30076Get Direction
Duluth, GA 30097Get Direction
Dr. Erik Thor Bendiks MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Bendiks
- The History of Muscular Dystrophy
What is muscular dystrophy?Muscular dystrophy is an inherited disorder, which is often characterized by a progressive type of muscular degeneration and weakness. There are several types of muscular dystrophy, wherein each type eventually leads to an increased disability, strength loss, and potential...
- Recovery from Carpal Tunnel Surgery
Carpal tunnel surgery is usually done to cut the transverse carpal ligament. This ligament is one of the most important parts of the hand. It holds the bones and muscles of your hand together, which means that once it is severed, then your hand loses a very important part, and regaining its previous...
- Scoliosis Pain: Treatment, Management, and Exercises
Scoliosis is a serious condition that often occurs more in females than in males. The condition itself can be hard to diagnose at the start, which is why the healthcare professional will subject the patient to several tests, including asking them to touch their toes as well as to find out if their...
- What Is Total Knee Arthroplasty?
Total knee arthroplasty (TKA), also known as total knee replacement, is a surgical procedure in which parts of the knee joint are replaced with artificial parts or prostheses.A normal knee usually functions as the hinge joint located between the lower leg bones (tibia) and the upper leg bone...
- How to Prepare for a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a procedure where a surgeon removes a part or more parts of your vertebrae or any ligaments on your spinal cord that exert pressure on the nerves. Laminectomy is said to be the most common back surgery performed for disability and pain. The following are some expectations before,...
- How is Bursitis Diagnosed?
What are the signs and symptoms of bursitis?Bursitis symptoms are there because of the amount of inflammation in the bursa, as well as the exact area of the bursa involved. The swelling causes pain and tenderness in the bursa. When the bursa is so swollen, then it can cause stiffness along with...
- Dr. James Chappuis M.D.4940 Governor’s Drive Forest Park GA 30297
- Dr. Mark Mudano M.D.11 upper Riverdale Rd SW Riverdale Georgia 30274
- Dr. Gary A. Levengood M.D.1900 Riverside Parkway Lawrenceville Georgia 30043
- Dr. Stephen Fisher MD3400 OLD MILTON PKWY STE 190 ALPHARETTA GA 30005
- Dr. Peter S. Harvey M.D.6635 Lake Dr Morrow GA 30260
- Dr. Daniel Nicholson M.D.5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Atlanta GA 30342