Candida M. Brown, MD, works at Packard Children's Health Alliance and Diablo Valley Child Neurology in California. In addition, she was the founder and director of the Jack & Julia Center for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Clinic, participated in clinical trials for TSC, and devoted one year as the Medical Director for the Division of Neurology at Children's Hospital and Research Center, Oakland, CA. Double board certified in pediatrics and neurology, she specializes in neurological conditions for children.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine 1987
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Neurology; Child Neurology; Pediatrics
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Voluntary Faculty at University of California San Francisco -
- Member of the TSC Clinic Committee, 2013 -
- Neurological Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- University Ca Sf Med Center
- Moffitt Hospital, San Francisco 1989
- University of California San Francisco
- Univ of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 1992
- Univ of California San Francisco CA 1992
- Child Neurology
- University of California San Francisco
- University of California San Francisco (Child Neurology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, Child Neurology Society, Alameda Contra Costa Medical Association, Alpha Omega Alpha
What do you attribute your success to?
- High Standard of Care, Extreme Devotion to her Work and Great Communication Skills
Hobbies / Sports
- Cross Country Biking, Decorating, Meditation,
- John Muir Medical Association
- Lucile Packard Children's Hospital
Dr. Candida M. Brown M.D.'s Practice location
Pleasant Hill, California 94523Get Direction
Oakland, CA 94609Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Candida M. Brown M.D. | Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Candida M. Brown M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brown
- How a Puppy and a Children’s Book Helped This Woman Cope with Multiple Sclerosis
During one weekend in the summer of 2005, when Tammy “Mimi” Duchesne and her husband JP went camping, Mimi noticed double vision in her left eye. A few years later, her vision become blurry. Being a nurse, she realized that she needed to see a doctor right away to discuss her symptoms. A year...
- Multiple Sclerosis: Coping with Grief
Just hearing the word grief can evoke feelings of sadness, but is grief just “being sad”? Or is it something more complex? The word itself seems to have a stronger meaning than “sad.”According to the Mayo Clinic, for many people, including those diagnosed with a chronic illness, grief is a...
- Why We Should Not Define Autism in Terms of ‘Deficits’
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder that affects communication and behavior. It is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and repetitive behaviors. These challenges involve impairments in social reciprocity and in the use of verbal and...
- Alzheimer’s is Not a Part of Normal Aging
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia, a term for memory loss, which is serious enough to affect daily life. It affects three to four million people in the US. 10% of all the persons over 70-years-old have memory loss and in more than half, the cause is Alzheimer’s disease....
- Research Gives Muscular Dystrophy Patients New Hope
Regardless of the person’s age, sex, or where they are from, being told that they have a progressive disease like muscular dystrophy is devastating. It means learning to live with a disease that makes muscles waste away. For many, one of the coping mechanisms they turn to is to learn as much...
- Musician Joseph Shabason Reflects On His Family's Parkinson's in Album
"It's a weird thing to talk about, because I think so much of the time when people around you are sick, the overwhelming emotion is, like, you feel bad for them and you want to be there for them and love them, but when someone around you is sick, it often puts a tremendous burden on the people in...
- Dr. Antonio J Silva sayago M.D.715 Albany St Boston MA 02118
- Dr. David Eric Collins MD5401 Norris Canyon Rd San Ramon CA 94583
- Dr. Matthew W Arnold M.D.323 N Prairie Ave Inglewood CA 90301
- Dr. Brad A Volpi MD400 Taylor Blvd Pleasant Hill CA 94523
- Dr. Raymond M Stephens MD400 Taylor Blvd Pleasant Hill CA 94523
- Dr. Patricia Suzanne Maska M.D.5401 Norris Canyon Rd San Ramon CA 94583