Dr. Candida M. Brown M.D.
Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine400 Taylor Blvd Suite 306 Pleasant Hill California, 94523
Candida M. Brown, MD, works at Packard Children's Health Alliance and Diablo Valley Child Neurology in California. In addition, she was the founder and director of the Jack & Julia Center for Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Clinic, participated in clinical trials for TSC, and devoted one year as the Medical Director for the Division of Neurology at Children's Hospital and Research Center, Oakland, CA. Double board certified in pediatrics and neurology, she specializes in neurological conditions for children.
Education and Training
Baylor College of Medicine
Baylor College of Medicine 1987
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Neurology; Child Neurology; Pediatrics
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Voluntary Faculty at University of California San Francisco -
- Member of the TSC Clinic Committee, 2013 -
- Neurological Disorders
- Learning Disabilities
- Univ of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 1992
- Univ of California San Francisco CA 1992
- Child Neurology
- University of California San Francisco
- University of California San Francisco (Child Neurology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, Child Neurology Society, Alameda Contra Costa Medical Association, Alpha Omega Alpha
What do you attribute your success to?
- High Standard of Care, Extreme Devotion to her Work and Great Communication Skills
Hobbies / Sports
- Cross Country Biking, Decorating, Meditation,
Dr. Candida M. Brown M.D.'s Practice location
Pleasant Hill, California 94523Get Direction
Oakland, CA 94609Get Direction
Dr. Candida M. Brown M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Brown
- Understanding Social Anxiety Disorder in Parkinson's Disease
It is natural to have some kind of emotional distress, anxiety, and sadness when diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease. But SAD is not just about being sad, it is being anxious and fearful of participating in social activities. SAD is an abbreviation for social anxiety disorder also known as social...
- Fasting Style Diet May Help Ease Symptoms of Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis has been the subject of numerous studies that have tried to figure out ways to fight and prevent the disease. One recent finding could be the key to discovering more about multiple sclerosis, and it has to do with the disease's waste disposal.Waste Disposal ExplainedLike most...
- Alzheimer’s is Not a Part of Normal Aging
Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia, a term for memory loss, which is serious enough to affect daily life. It affects three to four million people in the US. 10% of all the persons over 70-years-old have memory loss and in more than half, the cause is Alzheimer’s disease....
- Hypolipidemia: Causes and Symptoms
The liver primarily produces cholesterol. Each day, it makes 1,000 mg of cholesterol. The cells lining the small intestine can also produce cholesterol. If the level of cholesterol in the body is low, it may mean that the body is producing low amounts of cholesterol and is going to shut down. In...
- New Simulation Reveals Family Cost of Alzheimer's Disease
Approximately 5 million individuals in the United States suffer from dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, or another type of neurological disorder. Such conditions can be expensive to treat and sadly, the financial burden falls on the patients and their families as opposed to receiving help from...
- Multiple Sclerosis and Multi-Tasking
Trying to multitask is enough to slow down anyone. However, this twofold action poses an even greater risk to multiple sclerosis (MS) patients: the risk of cognitive impairment. The impairment can be caused by shifting from one task to two tasks, known as the dual-task cost. ...
- Dr. Antonio J Silva sayago M.D.2850 TELEGRAPH AVE STE 110 BERKELEY CA 94705
- Dr. Raymond M Stephens MD108 La Casa Via Walnut Creek CA 94598
- Dr. Robyn G Young M.D.985 Atlantic Ave Alameda CA 94501
- Dr. Andrew Stewart Kayser M.D., PH.D.132 Barker Hall Berkeley CA 94720
- Dr. Angelita Dineros Tangco MD2220 Gladstone Dr Pittsburg CA 94565
- Dr. Patricia Suzanne Maska M.D.985 ATLANTIC AVE STE 300 ALAMEDA CA 94501