Betsy Jane Cooper, MD, works at a private practice in Arlington, Virginia. She works in both the private and public sectors, also serving the Washington DC Department of Mental Health. A specialist in mental health, Dr. Cooper conducts mental evaluations for people to test for mental illness.
Education and Training
Meharry Medical College
Meharry Medical College 1974
American Osteopathic Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Hahnemann Hospital 1976
- Hahnemann Hospital
What do you attribute your success to?
- The Influence of her Patients, They were tremendously creative, energetic and ambitious.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Music, Needlework
Dr. Betsy Jane Cooper M.D.'s Practice location
Arlington, Virginia 22204Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Betsy Jane Cooper M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Betsy Jane Cooper M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Cooper
- What are the Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder?
Bipolar disorder is a complex mental disorder that leads to uncontrollable mood swings and severe risky behaviors. Otherwise known as manic-depressive disorder, this mental condition is associated with moods that sway between depression and mania. When an individual is not experiencing moods of...
- Depakote Drug Interactions: What to Avoid
Drug interactionWhen a substance affects the effectiveness of another drug due to their combined use, it is known as a drug interaction. The interaction can be either an increase or decrease in the effect of the drug, or it may cause an entirely new effect. Generally, interaction takes place between...
- What Is a Sociopath? Definition, Characteristics, and Treatment
A sociopath is an individual who has a personality disorder, which is characterized by antisocial, deceitful, and manipulative tendencies. Sociopaths also lack empathy and usually have a hard time forming relationships. Most of the time they are irresponsible, and in worst cases, do not have a...
- Drugs for Autism Symptoms: Anxiety and Depression
What is autism?Autism or autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a medical condition in which a person has challenges with public behavior, speech, and non-verbal communication. Autism is a life-long developmental disability, and it affects people how people perceive the world and how they interact with...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Cognitive Dissonance and How It Works
Cognitive dissonance definitionPsychologically speaking, cognitive dissonance is the mental discomfort (stress) that a person undergoes when he/she goes through simultaneous contradiction of ideas, values, or beliefs when doing something that runs counter to one or more of the ideas, values, or...
- Dr. Richard Greenberg MD2112 F Street Washington District of Columbia 20037
- Asad Masri M.D.713 FORDS LANDING WAY ALEXANDRIA VA 22314
- Henry Claude Barbot720 North Saint Asaph Street Alexandria Virginia 22314-1960
- Dr. Beverly A. Reader M.D.2041 MARTIN LUTHER KING JR AVE SE WASHINGTON DC 20020
- Dr. Niku Singh MD3300 GALLOWS RD FALLS CHURCH VA 22042
- Dr. Spencer F. Johnson M.D.4400 Stamp Road Temple Hills Maryland 20748