Leo L. Nassimbene, DDS, MSD, FACD, FICD, retired from Penrose-St. Francis Hospital & Health Services in 2011, after a 60 year career as a maxillofacial and oral surgeon. A highly active physician, Dr. Nassimbene was the President to many prestigious associations including the Colorado Dental Association and is currently on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons. Board certified in his field, Dr. Nassimbene also was an attending physician to the St. Thomas Memorial Hospital and authored a book on the history of oral surgeons in the state of Colorado. Earlier in his career, he served on medical mission trips and helped open a free medical clinic. Currently, Dr. Nassimbene is involved with his community; continuing his participation in community service.
Education and Training
University of Missouri
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Spoke Locally as the Past President of the Colorado Dental Association -
- On the Cabinet of the Peak Vista Community Health Center
- Fellow of the International College of Dentists
- Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- (Oral and Maxillo Facial Surgery at Kansas City General Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Colorado Dental Association (Past President), American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (Board of Directors, Acted as Secretary and Treasurer), American Dental Association (Delegate), American College of Dentists, International College of Dentist, Colorado Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons (Past President), Rocky Mountain Society of Oral Surgeons , El Paso County American C
Articles and Publications
- Wrote a book on the History of Oral Maxillofacial and Oral Surgery in Colorado
- Vital Tooth Transplants
What do you attribute your success to?
- Putting Patient Care First and a Strong Positive Patient Repoire
- Served with and helped set up a Free Medical Clinic in Colorado, 8-10 years ago. Served in the Korean War from 1953-1955. Set up a permanent free medical clinic in Haiti. Consultant for the United States Air force Academy, Consultant to the Colorado Department of Corrections, Consultant the Federal Maxim Security Prison, Consultant
Hobbies / Sports
- Community Service, Ski Patrol, Church Involvement, Sailing, Traveling, Hiking, Biking
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Renrose-St. Francis Memorial Hospital
- St. Thomas Memorial Hospital
Leo L. Nassimbene's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Leo L. Nassimbene | Physicians Assistant | Surgical Technologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Leo L. Nassimbene's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Autism Run in the Family?
The answer to the simple question of whether autism runs in the family is not clear. The fact of the matter is that autism most commonly runs in the family and is considered as the most heritable condition among other neuropsychiatric conditions. On the other hand, ASD mainly occurs through de novo...
- New Study Discovers How Lymphoma Affects Survivors’ Ability to Work
Young adults in many countries pride themselves on their work. They have worked hard to get to where they are and there is a huge sense of accomplishment in joining the adult world and being able to provide for themselves and their new families if applicable. When cancer comes along, their ability...
- Recent Study Evaluates Venous Blood Clot Risk in Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Children with cystic fibrosis may be at risk of developing what's called a venous thromboembolism. This is essentially a blood clot that forms in the deep veins of the body, most often in the lower legs. These clots can be extremely dangerous because they can dislodge and travel to vital organs,...
- 21 Day Fix: Meal Plan, Workout Schedule, and Tips
IntroductionIt is very important to prioritize one's health. Following a healthy meal plan is one of the biggest steps in making the right decision for your health, but it needs a lot of determination and hard work. The 21 Day Fix plan helps calculate the calorie intake and the calorie target for...
- What Are the Treatment Options Available for Bronchitis?
Bronchitis is a condition that occurs due to the inflammation of the bronchial tubes. There are two types of bronchitis: acute and chronic. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a viral infection or in some cases, 10 percent by a bacterial infection. Chronic bronchitis, on the other hand, is a...
- What Is Recovery Like for Radiation Therapy?
After undergoing radiation therapy, the patient will be instructed on what to do, the appointments to keep, and everything they will need to know to make a full and safe recovery. Recovery usually depends on a lot of factors, but the following are some of the important ones:...