Dr. Elizabeth Katherine Broderick MD
Pediatrician321 Main Street Newport News Virginia, 23601
Elizabeth Katherine Broderick, MD, FAAP, works for the Children's Clinic LTD in Newport News, Virginia. She specializes in the treatment of children, particularly treatment of allergy and adolescent diseases. When Dr. Broderick is not at her practice, she can be found at May Immaculate Hospital and Riverside Regional Medical Center.
Education and Training
Medical College of Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 1993
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1993
American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics
as well as Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Elizabeth Katherine Broderick MD's Expert Contributions
Since we’ve been having babies sleep on their backs to prevent sudden infant death syndrome, rolling over has moved from a four month old skill to a 5 month old skill. If she’s reaching for objects, watching you walk across the room, cooing laughing and squealing, and likes to stand in your lap, she’s right on track for her development. Please read to her every day! READ MORE
Make sure she’s drinking plenty of fluids and offer several small meals a day. Try cold soft foods like applesauce and yogurt. READ MORE
First, add water! Dehydration is a common cause for headache. Then, try lying down with a cool cloth on the forehead. Last, try children’s acetaminophen. READ MORE
Everyone should get 400-600international units per day. That may be already in her multivitamin. Make sure she gets three calcium servings per day to build strong bones. READ MORE
Milk is a good source of calcium, but so is cheese and yogurt. Calcium and Vitamin D fortified orange juice is another option. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Ear Infection
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Strep Throat
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Physicians
Professional Society Memberships
- Medical Society of Virginia, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Published in Annals of Internal Medicine, 2007
What do you attribute your success to?
- She has her dream job. She has wanted to be a doctor her whole life.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Walking
Dr. Elizabeth Katherine Broderick MD's Practice location
- Fast Weight Gain in Infants Predicts Obesity in Their Future
“Babies who gain weight quickly within the first two years have a high risk of childhood obesity," says a new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Infants who gain weight after 6-12 months are more likely to be obese when they are 5-years-old to 10-years-old....
- What is World Autism Awareness Day?
Just like everyone else, people with autism move through substantial life changes. Their quality of life depends on the foundation that was provided during their childhood. In addition, there is ongoing support revolving around their medical, educational, social and family needs. There is no single...
- Understanding Intellectual Disability in Children
What is Intellectual Disability?Intellectual disability is characterized by the lack of skills or mental ability needed for everyday living. Individuals with intellectual disabilities are able to learn new skills but at a slower pace. The degrees of intellectual disability may vary from mild to...
- Treatments for Jaundice
Treatments are only necessary when the patient has extremely high levels of bilirubin in the blood. Most babies suffering from jaundice don’t require treatments because their blood’s bilirubin levels are often low. Under such conditions, the symptoms often improve with a period of two weeks and...
- Rubella Symptoms and Treatment
What is rubella?Rubella is a contagious viral disease that is characterized by red rashes on the skin. The condition is also called German measles, although it is not caused by the virus that causes measles. Aside from a widespread skin rash, individuals who have rubella also have swollen lymph...
- Why Do Some Vaccines Have to Be Injected Twice?
What is active immunity?...
- Dr. Tinea J. Savage-Otey MD106 Baker Farm Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Jane Renee Hull MD500 J Clyde Morris Blvd Newport News VA 23601
- Dr. John W Harrington MD601 Childrens Lane Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Erinn E Hokanson NP4012 Raintree Rd Chesapeake VA 23321
- Dr. Hugh Thomas Mcphee MD6345 Center Dr Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Laura I Leverone M.D.1009 HILLPOINT BLVD N SUFFOLK VA 23434