Elizabeth Katherine Broderick, MD, FAAP, works for the Children's Clinic LTD in Newport News, Virginia. She specializes in the treatment of children, particularly treatment of allergy and adolescent diseases. When Dr. Broderick is not at her practice, she can be found at May Immaculate Hospital and Riverside Regional Medical Center.
Education and Training
Medical College of Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 1993
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1993
American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics
as well as Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Dr. Elizabeth Katherine Broderick MD's Expert Contributions
Since we’ve been having babies sleep on their backs to prevent sudden infant death syndrome, rolling over has moved from a four month old skill to a 5 month old skill. If she’s reaching for objects, watching you walk across the room, cooing laughing and squealing, and likes to stand in your lap, she’s right on track for her development. Please read to her every day! READ MORE
Make sure she’s drinking plenty of fluids and offer several small meals a day. Try cold soft foods like applesauce and yogurt. READ MORE
First, add water! Dehydration is a common cause for headache. Then, try lying down with a cool cloth on the forehead. Last, try children’s acetaminophen. READ MORE
Everyone should get 400-600international units per day. That may be already in her multivitamin. Make sure she gets three calcium servings per day to build strong bones. READ MORE
Milk is a good source of calcium, but so is cheese and yogurt. Calcium and Vitamin D fortified orange juice is another option. READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Ear Infection
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (adhd)
- Strep Throat
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Physicians
- Valley Health System/Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University Program
- Medical College of Virginia
Professional Society Memberships
- Medical Society of Virginia, American Medical Association, American College of Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Published in Annals of Internal Medicine, 2007
What do you attribute your success to?
- She has her dream job. She has wanted to be a doctor her whole life.
Hobbies / Sports
- Reading, Walking
- Mary Immaculate Hospital
- Riverside Regional Medical Center
Dr. Elizabeth Katherine Broderick MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Elizabeth Katherine Broderick MD | Pediatrician
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Elizabeth Katherine Broderick MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What to Do If Your Baby Has a Milk Protein Allergy?
Milk Protein AllergyOne of the most common food allergies in babies and young children is cow's milk allergy. The good news is that milk allergies are usually outgrown by babies when they turn 2 or 3 years old. Its symptoms are usually managed by consuming a dairy-free diet. Regular milk is...
- Can Robots Help Children with Autism in Ways that Humans Can't?
Kids love robots. They are mesmerized by their ability to be human-like, yet machine-like. Maybe they like them because they are like a toy come to life. They are somehow able to ‘think,’ react and move independently. Without technical knowledge an adult would have, kids are able to imagine them...
- What Causes Toxic Synovitis?
Children who develop or complain of limping must be examined to make sure that their condition is not an orthopedic emergency like in the case of septic arthritis. After being examined, children's parents may hear about a toxic synovitis diagnosis. Such diagnosis might sound scary, but it is...
- How Does Chicken Pox Spread?
Chicken pox is an infectious disease which affects mostly children under the age of 15, but it can even affect adults. Given the number of infections per year, it is like a rite of passage for every growing child.Symptoms of chicken pox The symptoms of chicken pox include:...
- What are the Treatment Methods for ADHD?
Reported cases of ADHD have been on the rise lately. In fact, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that as many as 11% of children between the ages of four years old and 17 years old have been diagnosed with ADHD. ADHD is a disease characterized by ongoing patterns of...
- Are Food Allergies More Common in Children Than we Thought?
The results of a large study published in the journal Pediatrics, has shown that childhood food allergies are more common and dangerous than previously thought. In this study, researchers conducted a detailed survey of about 38,000 families who had at least one child under the age of 18-years-old....
- Dr. Tinea J. Savage-Otey MD106 Baker Farm Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. John W Harrington MD601 Childrens Lane Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Erinn E Hokanson NP902 S Jefferson St Roanoke VA 24016
- Dr. Hugh Thomas Mcphee MD6345 Center Dr Norfolk VA 23502
- Dr. Jacqulyn Galloway M.D.11783 Rock Landing Dr Newport News VA 23606
- Dr. Laura Alois Charette MD6345 Center Dr Norfolk VA 23502