Robin T. Zon, MD, FACP, FASCO, maintains a position within Michiana Hematology Oncology, PC located in South Bend, Indiana. Prior to medical school, she worked as a pharmaceutical research investigator and as a manager of medical diagnostic product research and development. With over 20 years of experience in medical oncology, Dr. Zon is a highly active physician within her field. Dr. Zon is Medical Director of Research at Memorial Hospital and is the Principal Investigator for the Northern Indiana Cancer Research Consortium. She has the prestigious title of Fellow of the American Society of Clinical Oncology, and also has been serving on the Board of Directors for the organization. A global public speaker and attending physician to local hospitals, Dr. Zon is a true leader in her field.
Education and Training
In Univ Sch of Med, Indianapolis In 1992
American Board of Internal Medicine- Medical Oncology
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- American Society of Clinical Oncology provisional clinical opinion: chronic hepatitis B virus infection screening in patients receiving cytotoxic chemotherapy for treatment of malignant diseases.
- Clinical Research in Private Practice: Q&A With Robin T. Zon, MD, FACP.
- Reforming the community research program: from Community Clinical Oncology Program to the National Cancer Institute Community Oncology Research Program.
- Summary of the Workshop on the Safe Handling of Hazardous Drugs Cohosted by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health and the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- USP: United in Safeguarding Patients, Personnel, and Providers.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Serving on the Board of Directors, American Society of Clinical Oncology, 2010-2013 -
- American Cancer Society HOPE Award Winner
- In Univ Sch Of Med, Hematology/Oncology; St Vincent Hosp Hlthcare Ctr, Internal Medicine
- St. Vincent Hospital and Health Center
- Indiana University Simon Cancer Center (Medical Oncology, Hematology)
What do you attribute your success to?
- Unwavering committment to deliver the best care for patients creating an algorythm of treatment for superior care.
Hobbies / Sports
- Jazz Fusion, Traveling
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of Clinical Oncology, Journal of Oncology Practice
- St. Joseph Regional Medical Center
- Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Elkhart General Hospital
Dr. Robin Zon M.D.'s Practice location
South Bend, Indiana 46601Get Direction
MISHAWAKA, IN 46545Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Robin Zon M.D. | Oncologist | Medical Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Robin Zon M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Zon
- Bone Health Drugs for Breast Cancer
IntroductionLike any other drug or therapy, breast cancer treatment also has its own side effects. One of the side effects of breast cancer treatment is rapid bone loss leading to osteoporosis. The following are treatments for breast cancer that can significantly cause bone loss:...
- What are the Signs and Symptoms of Leukemia?
Although requiring a definite medical diagnosis, leukemia doesn’t show any symptoms in patients suffering from slow growing leukemias. Whereas, the rapidly growing types show general symptoms like frequent infections, vulnerability to easy bleeding & brushes, fatigue and weight loss. The signs...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- The Connection Between Ashkenazi Jewish Descent and Mutated BRCA Genes
Although the book, Gilda’s Disease: Personal Experience and Authoritative Advice on Ovarian Cancer (copyright 1996) is not a recent publication, it’s still a worthy resource to learn from the personal experiences of comedian Gene Wilder as he watched this disease take his wife away from life and...
- Christmas Comes Early for This Mom with Ovarian Cancer
The holidays are a special time of the year to be with family and to give back to the community. The winter season encompasses many holidays and traditions, and can therefore be a time of year where people from all backgrounds cherish loved ones and take time to reflect.But the holiday season can...
- The Different Stages of Bladder Cancer
What Are the Different Stages of Bladder Cancer?When coming up with a suitable treatment process with a doctor, you begin by staging your disease. Staging bladder cancer is one of the most critical factors considered when making decisions on treatment options. Your health care providers use...