Jean M. Weigert, MD, FACR, maintains the position of Director of Breast Imaging within Mandell & Blau, MD's, PC located in New Britain, Connecticut. Dr. Weigert is a well-versed physician with nearly 30 years of experience in the field of diagnostic radiology. Within the facility, a wide array of procedures are performed including bone density, CT scans, digital mammography, flouroscopy, general X-rays, and MRI. With the exceptional title of Diplomate of the American Board of Radiology, as well as Fellow of the esteemed American College of Radiology, Dr. Weigert is a leader in her field. Along with serving the patients of the practice, she is Director of Breast Imaging at The Hospital of Central Connecticut and speaks in Israel amongst other countries on behalf of the Radiological Society of North America and the American Roentgen Ray Society. Dr. Weigert is also an advocate for continued education, being an active member to various medical associations; such as President of the Radiological Society of CT and Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of CT.
Education and Training
SUNY Upstate Medical Center
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll of Med, Syracuse Ny 1980
Diplomate of the American Board of Radiology- Radiology
RadiologyAmerican Board of RadiologyABR
- Quantitative computed tomography of spine: comparison of three-dimensional and two-dimensional imaging approaches in clinical practice.
- Osteoporosis in older men and women.
- Measuring bone mineral density: let me count the ways! Flat-panel volumetric CT: another new tool!
- The Connecticut Experiment; The Third Installment: 4 Years of Screening Women with Dense Breasts with Bilateral Ultrasound.
- Corrosive substance ingestion: a review.
- The relation between obesity and testosterone-estradiol binding globulin levels
- QCT, the most accurate method of measuring bone mineral density?
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director of Breast Imagining for both the practice and the Hospital of Central CT -
- Assistant Clinical Professor at the University of Connecticut -
- National and International Speaking with the Radiological Society of North America and the American Roentgen Ray Society -
- New York-Presbyterian Hospital
- Overlook Hospital
- New York-Presbyterian Hosptial (Abdominal Imaging)
Professional Society Memberships
- Radiological Society of North America, Society of Breast Imaging, International Society for Clinical Densitometry, American Society of Breast Diseases, Radiological Society of Connecticut (Current Treasurer and President Elect.)
What do you attribute your success to?
- Enjoyment of what she does, applying new modalitites, and pressing forward along with the advancements in the field.
- The Hospital of Central Connecticut
Jean M. Weigert M.D.'s Practice location
New Britain, Connecticut 06052Get Direction
HARTFORD, CT 06106Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Jean M. Weigert M.D. | Radiologist | Body Imaging
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Jean M. Weigert M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Reasons Why You Need a Biopsy
OverviewA biopsy is a procedure that involves the removal of a sample tissue in the body to examine it closely under a microscope. The tissue is mainly examined to diagnose a certain disease. Some may use a needle or surgical methods to remove any lumps or suspicious nodules in the body. Some...
- Everything You Need to Know About X-Rays
What is an X-ray procedure?An X-ray is a quick diagnostic procedure to see the insides of your body. It is an essential tool used to diagnose many health conditions. It involves passing a very tiny burst of invisible electromagnetic radiation to a part of your body or your whole body and capturing...
- What is Compartment Syndrome?
Compartment syndrome refers to the excessive buildup of pressure within the muscle compartments of the body. This will affect the functioning of the nerves and lead to cell death based on the intensity and duration of the pressure built up. Bleeding and inflammation after an injury usually leads to...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- What Is an X-Ray?
An X-ray is a type of electromagnetic radiation, which can be used to take digital images of parts of the human body. It is the same with visible light but has a certain different characteristic. The beneficial use of an X-ray is for medical imaging. It can help the physician to look inside your...
- Adam Joseph Elias M.D.330 Mount Auburn Street Cambridge MA 02138
- Abner S Gershon M.D.21 Arch Road Avon CT 06001
- Stephen V Klein MD111 Founders Plz East Hartford CT 06108
- William J. Glucksman M.D.85 Seymour St Hartford CT 06106
- Michael T. Twohig M.D.114 Woodland St Hartford CT 06105
- Ethan Foxman M.D.85 Seymour St Hartford CT 06106