Kathy Lou Reynolds, MD, FAAP, maintains a position within the Cottage Children's Hospital based out of the state of California. The Hospital was recognized as a regional referral center for the medical needs of infants, toddlers, and children in the Tri-counties and throughout Central California, and has earned a reputation for excellence. Dr. Reynolds has the distinct title of Fellow of the esteemed American Academy of Pediatrics as well as double board certification from the American Board of Pediatrics and the American Board of Internal Medicine for all of her outstanding achievements in the field. Active in pediatrics, Dr. Reynolds has authored two books, speaks all around the globe on pediatric medicine, and is an attending physician to an array of local medical faciltities.
Education and Training
University of Minnesota
Univ of Mn Med Sch-Minneapolis, Minneapolis Mn 1978
American Board of Pediatrics- Pediatrics
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- The Hosp-Sick Children, Pediatrics
- University of Toronto, Stanford Hospital
- University of San Francisco
Articles and Publications
- Has 2 Books Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion for Children, Making a Difference in Patients' Lives, Education, Technology
Hobbies / Sports
- Long Distance Biker, Family, Friends, Traveling, Grandchildren
Dr. Kathy L Reynolds MD's Practice location
Santa Barbara, California 93105Get Direction
SIOUX FALLS, SD 57105Get Direction
Dr. Kathy L Reynolds MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Mumps: Get the Facts
Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection, which is common in young children. It’s often recognizable by extremely painful swellings occurring at the side of the face, giving the individual a distinctive hamster face appearance. Other mumps-related symptoms include high body temperature,...
- How to Protect Your Child from Getting Head Lice in School
Head lice are grayish insects that feed on human blood extracted from the scalp. Female lice release sticky substances that attach all eggs to specific hair shafts. Eggs are laid a few millimeters from the shaft - an environment that offers the idyllic temperature for incubation.Everyone who comes...
- Is Syphilis Curable?
Syphilis is a venereal disease caused by the bacterium Treponema pallidum. It is sexually transmitted and takes second place among the most dangerous STDs after HIV. It has four stages, among which primary and secondary are the most infectious. It is also transmitted from an infected pregnant...
- Everything Parents Should Know Before Treating Heat Rash
Heat rash, which is also called as "miliaria" or "prickly heat" is a condition that affects the skin mostly out of a blockage of the sweat ducts. The blockage of these sweat pores is mostly known to be as a result of excess sweating, which leaves the pores unable to excrete all the sweat. Upon...
- What Is a Pediatric Stroke: Get the Facts
Contrary to what many people think, strokes can also occur in children, unborn babies, or infants. There are two age classifications for pediatric stroke, namely, perinatal and childhood. Childhood stroke affects infants up to 18 year-olds. Perinatal stroke refers to the last 18 weeks of gestation...
- Fast Weight Gain in Infants Predicts Obesity in Their Future
“Babies who gain weight quickly within the first two years have a high risk of childhood obesity," says a new study published in the Archives of Pediatrics and Adolescent Medicine. Infants who gain weight after 6-12 months are more likely to be obese when they are 5-years-old to 10-years-old....
- Dr. Harold Eugene Hoyme M.D.1305 W 18th St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Mustafa Barbour MD1600 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Suzanne Denise Reuter MD1600 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. William F Waltz MD1600 W 22nd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Scott D Henry M.D.1205 S Grange Ave Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Carolyn Kippes M.D.1600 W 22ND ST SIOUX FALLS SD 57105