Emma Jane Laskin, MD, works at a private practice in Great Neck, New York. She specializes in child and adolescent psychiatry, as well as treatment for eating disorders. Also on staff at North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Dr. Laskin was instrumental in creating on a leading minds: anatomy of leadership project.
Education and Training
American Osteopathic Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry; Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
UrologyAmerican Board of UrologyABU
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Professorship, Hofstra University -
- Patient's Choice Award, 2008-2012
- Member AMERICAN PSYCHIATRIC ASSOCIATION
- Member AMERICAN ACADEMY OF CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY
- Member AMERICAN PHYSICIAN'S INSTITUTE
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- North Shore University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Articles and Publications
- Collaborated Leading Minds, Anatomy of Leadership
What do you attribute your success to?
- Listening to and Connecting with her Patients
Hobbies / Sports
- Painting, Water, Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- Green Journal, Orange Journal, Focus
- LIJ Medical Center
- Hillside Hospital
Emma Jane Laskin's Practice location
Great Neck, New York 11021Get Direction
MANHASSET, NY 11030Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Emma Jane Laskin | Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Emma Jane Laskin's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Laskin
- Choosing the Right Education for Your Autistic Child
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) can cause issues in crucial areas of development, such as social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication, creative and imaginative play, and sensory processing.Children with ASD may have difficulty understanding and communicating their needs and wants to...
- 5 Tips For Parenting an Anxious Child
As children grow, they go through several emotional and mental transformations. Some children become too shy to confront another person, while others become too mischievous. However, it becomes difficult for parents to determine their children’s behavior when they react unexpectedly to a...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Recognizing Anxiety Disorders In Children
It’s sometimes difficult to understand your kids and their behavior. One moment they are happy and the next moment, they seem sad or irritated. Well, this kind of innocent behavior in children can be considered normal under certain conditions, but not always. For example, anxiety is useful and...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- Kathryn G. Cheney MD1 Park Ave New York NY 10016
- Dr. Faina Chachko MD305 E 55th St New York NY 10022
- Dr. Estelle Paris MD11206 Broadway Brooklyn New York 11206
- Dianne Thomas165 state street Hackensack Nj 07601
- Dr. Stanley D. Machlin M.D.24 E Magnolia Ave Maywood NJ 07607
- Dr. Allison V. Downer MD35 Purchase St Rye NY 10580