Dr. Stanley Fischman is a psychiatrist practicing in Mountain View, California. Dr. Fischman is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Fischman diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Fischman may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Fischman treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Brooklyn, Coll of Med, Brooklyn Ny 1960
S.U.N.Y. Health Science Center - Downstate
State University of New York Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine 1960
The University of Texas School of Medicine at San Antonio
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Stanley E. Fischman M.D.'s Expert Contributions
Yes, Grief READ MORE
Yes, depression secondary to low thyroid production, fear, being in a position to hide a friend's secret READ MORE
It very likely is psychological, especially worry or anxiety, depression. Could be hyperthyroidism. READ MORE
Both could be very effective. Psychologists are skilled n psychotherapy and may be able to do psychological testing to elicit possible etiologies of the depression. Psychiatrists are physicians and are highly skilled in the use of 'physical' treatments such as medications, ECT, rTMS and also skilled in psychotherapy. Both Psychiatrists and Psychologists are both often skilled in specialized psychotherapeutic techniques such as DBT and CBT READ MORE
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking on Topics such as Sleep Psychopharmacology -
- Distinguished Life Fellow, American Psychiatric Association
- Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Internal Medicine; Montefiore M C-H&l Moses Div, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- The Montefiore Medical Center
- Montefiore Medical Center/Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Montefiore) Program
- Albert Einstein University
- Child Psychiatry at Stanford University
- Albert Einstein University
- Stanford University (Child Psychiatry)
Professional Society Memberships
- Northern California Psychiatric Association, American Psychiatric Association
Articles and Publications
- Has published Many Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Parents, His Excellent Education
Hobbies / Sports
- Farming, Scuba Diving, Swimming
Favorite professional publications
- Current Psychiatry, New England Journal of Medicine
- Mountainview Hospital
Dr. Stanley E. Fischman M.D.'s Practice location
Mountain View, California 94040Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Stanley E. Fischman M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Stanley E. Fischman M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Fischman
- What Are the Types of Bipolar Disorder?
What is bipolar disorder?Bipolar disorder is a mental illness characterized by extreme mood swings. The mood swings can be extremely high or low. They can last a few hours, days, weeks or even months. The mood swings consist of mixed emotions both of extreme happiness or extreme depression.Bipolar...
- Adderall: Side Effects, High, Abuse, Withdrawal
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine and 25% levoamphetamine salts. It belongs to the drug class called central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- What Is the Trazodone Drug Prescribed For?
Depression is a medical condition affecting the mental health of an individual. Depression can cause various other secondary illnesses along with it. To treat depression, it is extremely important to timely diagnose the condition and treat it with the help of a medical expert who can guide you with...
- Adderall for ADHD: Does it Work?
What is Adderall?Adderall is the brand name of a prescription drug that contains a mixture of amphetamine salts, specifically 75% dextroamphetamine salt and 25% levoamphetamine salt. It belongs to the drug class of central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. It is also classified among...
- How Is Schizophrenia Diagnosed?
The typical cases of schizophrenia are easy to diagnose. The difficult to diagnose are those belonging to an ill-defined group that includes the so-called latent cases, borderline, character disorder, quasi-psychotic psychopaths, severe personality difficulties, and so on. The diagnosis made in...
- St. John's Wort: Benefits, Uses, Dosage, and Side Effects
St. John's wort is basically a plant which existed only in Europe, but today the plant can be found in USA and also some parts of Canada. The plant has oval-shaped leaves and golden-yellow flowers. The plant is attractive to look at having colorful petals and the colors of the flower are a mixed of...
- Dr. Vasdeep S. Kahlon M.D.662 Mowry Avenue Fremont California 94536
- Dr. Sara Gandy M.D.401 Quarry Road Stanford California 94305
- Tammy Christine Saah2039 Forest Ave San Jose CA 95128
- Dr. Mali A. Mann MD550 Hamilton Avenue Palo Alto California 94301
- Dr. Kurt Edward Biehl MD1440 168th Avenue San Leandro California 94573
- Dr. Melissa E. Vallas M.D.2045 Fairmont Drive San Leandro California 94578