Dr. Pierre-Louis is Board certified in Internal Medicine and infectious diseases . He is affiliated with Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Bayonne medical center and Hackettstown Regional Medical Center.
Dr. Pierre-Louis is also a member of Infectious Disease Society of America, Infectious Disease Society of New Jersey, American Medical Association and the American College of Physicians.
Dr Pierre- Louis successfully completed his Internal Medicine Residency at Saint Barnabas medical center, then worked as a hospitalist at Bayonne Medical center before completing an Infectious Diseases Fellowship at the University of Medicine and Dentistry- New Jersey Medical School rotating through 3 major institutions University hospital in Newark , Hackensack university medical center and the East orange veterans affairs hospital . Doctor Pierre-Louis was recognized for his humanities qualities but also for his multilingualism which allowed to serve people from diverse background and communities. He is indeed proficient in English, French, Spanish and Creole.
He has received several honors and awards here and abroad. At Saint Barnabas medical center one of the institutions where he practices, He received as a resident the Nancy J Waldron professionalism award from the department of medical education and clinical research; he also received the excellence in critical care award, the humanism award for outstanding humanistic qualities and the Barbara Sloan patient comfort award for outstanding compassion and care of patients
Education and Training
University of Haiti Medical School
internal medicine and infectious diseasess
Areas of expertise and specialization
- HUMANISM AWARD at Saint Barnabas Medical center 2009-2010
- EXCELLENCE IN CRITICAL CARE AWARD at Saint Barnabas Medical center 2009-2010
- NANCY J WALDRON PROFESSIONALISM AWARD at Saint Barnabas Medical center 2009-2010
- BARBARA SLOAN, PATIENT COMFORT AWARD at Saint Barnabas Medical center 2008-2009
- Life-Threatening infections, HIV , hepatitis C , Multidrug resistant infections
- New Jersey Medical School (Infectious Disease)
Professional Society Memberships
- Infectious Disease Society of America, American College of Physicians, American Medical Association
What do you attribute your success to?
Dr F. Pierre-Louis firmly believes that Compassion and Empathy are indispensable to the healthcare professional who wants to provide the best care possible to his patients. He has learned through the years that the most advanced knowledge and technology are only helpful to the physician who possesses those two great qualities.
Areas of research
His areas of interest include life-threatening infectious diseases and his approach includes consist of integrative management of infectious diseases including those that involve multidrug resistant organisms. He is recognized for his expertise in tropical and travel medicine, complicated and difficult to diagnose and or treat infections . He has also taken care of hundreds of patients with HIV, hepatitis C and Hepatitis B and syphilis.
Dr Pierre-Louis is a non profit speaker for a support group of HIV infected minority in Newark who is struggling to understand and cope with the illnes due to cultural , intelectual and economic obstacles.
Hobbies / Sports
- Sports, Music, Ethics , Technology
Favorite professional publications
- New England Journal of Medicine
- St. Barnabas
- Hackettstown Regional Medical Center
Frantz Pierre-Louis's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Frantz Pierre-Louis | Infectious Disease Specialist | Infectious Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Frantz Pierre-Louis's reviewsWrite Review
- Everything You Need To Know About Lyme Disease
What is Lyme disease?Lyme disease also called Lyme borreliosis is an inflammatory disorder in which the first symptoms that appear include rash, fever, headache, chills and then later arthritis, cardiac and neurological disorders. It is a bacterial infection caused by Borrelia burgdorferi. ...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- What Is Cholera: Get the Facts
Cholera is a very dangerous disease, which is caused by the bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Someone infected with cholera experiences painless and watery diarrhea. Due to continuous diarrhea, one is likely to develop dehydration which can result in death. Many people who get cholera happen to...
- What Causes Meningitis?
Meningitis occurs when the meninges, the protective membranes surrounding the brain and spinal cord, get inflamed or irritated. Meningitis is an outcome of certain bacteria or viruses entering the body when our immune system is weak.These bacteria and viruses live in the nose, throat, or the...
- What Are the Different Stages of Syphilis?
Syphilis is a bacterial disease that is dangerous if not diagnosed early and treated. It is an infectious disease that spreads through sexual contact. It has 4 major stages but not all people go through these 4 stages. Still, it is important to get proper treatment. Syphilis has 4 stages in its...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- Dr. Patricia C. Cowan-Kloser M.D.90 Bergen St Newark NJ 07103
- Dr. Paul T. Smith M.D.943 Lexington Avenue New York New York 10021
- Dr. Donald J. Beggs MD30 Wilmington Drive Nutley New Jersey 7110
- Dr. Pan S. Ko M.D.400 Sylvan Avenue Englewood Cliffs New Jersey 07632
- Dr. Douglas V. Sepkowitz MD339 Hicks Street Brooklyn New York 11201
- Dr. Christine Stavropoulos MD425 West 59th Street New York NY 10019