Hospital Medicine, Internal Medicine
Education and Training
University of Leipzig
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine; Also Certified in Germany
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking at the University of Leipzig -
- Resident Award, 2010. Southeast Center of Excellence in Geriatric Medicine (SCEGM), University of Alabama/Emory University School of Medicine
- Morehouse School of Medicine
- Morehouse School of Medicine and University of Maryland School of Medicine (Externship)
Professional Society Memberships
- American College of Physicians (ACP), International Anatomical Society, Fribourg Society of Medicine, Societe Fribourgeoise des Sciences Naturelles (Fribourg Society of Natural Sciences)
Articles and Publications
- 10 Articles Published in the USA and Germany
What do you attribute your success to?
International Training, Great Support System
Teaching and speaking
Rossner S, Bakinde N, Zeitschel U, Schliebs R, Bigl V (1999) Cerebrospinal fluid cholinesterases--markers for loss of cholinergic basal forebrain neurons? Int J Dev Neurosci 16(7-8): 669-673
Cooperation in Rager G. (Hrsg.): Human Embryology and Teratology, 3rd edition (2007), Verlag Hans Huber, Bern, HOGREFE Verlagsgruppe, Göttingen Bern Wien Toronto Seattle Oxford Prag, ISBN 978-3-456-84236-
Favorite Place to Vacation
- Douala, Cameroon
Hobbies / Sports
- Family Time
Favorite professional publications
- ACP - Annals of Internal Medicine
- Grady Memorial Hospital
- Ty Cobb Regional Medical Center
Nicolas Bakinde's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Nicolas Bakinde | Internist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Nicolas Bakinde's reviewsWrite Review
- The Human Heart: Function, Chambers, and Location
IntroductionThe human heart is a part of the cardiovascular system that is situated in the middle of the chest between the lungs. Its exact location is slightly positioned to the left and behind the sternum (breastbone). The size of the heart is approximately the size of your fist. Its function...
- What Complications May Occur If Bronchitis Goes Untreated?
Acute bronchitis may not cause any complications if it occurs the first time in a person. It usually goes away by taking proper rest after about two to three weeks. However, if bronchitis is left untreated, it can affect the respiratory system and damage the airways and lungs. Because of this...
- Why is Cord Blood Banking Important?
Cord blood banking is the method of preserving cord blood, which is blood taken from the umbilical cord after the delivery. Cord blood contains hefty amounts of stem cells, which are potential life-saying cells for numerous diseases. Collecting cord blood is a painless procedure, and is considered...
- What Is Raynaud’s Disease: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Raynaud’s disease?Raynaud’s disease, also known as Raynaud’s syndrome or Raynaud’s phenomenon, is a rare blood vessel disorder described by a French physician named Maurice Raynaud in 1862. In this condition, the blood vessels that carry blood from the heart to other parts of the...
- Syphilis: If Left Untreated, What Happens to the Body?
What is Syphilis?Syphilis is a venereal disease that is transmitted through vaginal, anal, or oral sexual contact. It can also be passed from a pregnant mother to her unborn baby, or from an infected blood donor to a person who receives the blood contaminated with syphilitic bacteria through a...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Dr. Pragna Patel M.D., M.P.H827 Inman Village Pkwy NE Atlanta Georgia 30307
- Dr. Andrew Pugliese MD6916 McGinnis Ferry Road Suwanee Georgia 30024
- Dr. Adeyosoye T. Dawodu M.D.3040 Peachtree Road Atlanta GA 30305
- Dr. Richard Kauffman M.D.3200 Downwood Cir NW Atlanta Georgia 30327
- Dr. Marvin Crawford MD702 Westview Drive Atlanta Georgia 30310
- Dr. Michael W. Smith PHARMD1201 Peachtree Street Northeast Atlanta Georgia 30361