Dr. Venu Velagapudi is a nephrologist practicing in Worcester, Massachusetts. Dr. Velagapudi specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Velagapudi most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
University of Massachusetts Medical School
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Areas of expertise and specialization
- University of Massachusetts Medical School
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Nephrology, American Medical Informatics Association, American College of Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Few Articles
What do you attribute your success to?
- Family, Great Source of Support
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association
Venu Velagapudi's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Venu Velagapudi | Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Venu Velagapudi's reviewsWrite Review
- What Medical Conditions Are Associated with Blood in Urine?
Introduction:Blood in urine is more often than not a sign that there is something amiss in the body. It may signal a minor infection that need not worry you, but it could also be pointing to something more serious that is still undetected. Even if you appear to be in reasonably good health, it is...
- What Is a Renal Ultrasound Used For?
UltrasoundIt is actually a diagnostic procedure. High-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body's tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. This creates videos or photographic images of the internal structure of the body after the echoes are recorded and transformed.Many diseases and...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Polydipsia: Excessive Thirst Causes and Symptoms
What is polydipsia?Polydipsia is the medical term for excessive thirst. It is usually regarded as one of the initial symptoms of diabetes.It is normal to feel thirsty, especially after workouts and strenuous activities. It is quite important for people to drink the recommended amount of water per...
- What are the Early Signs of Lupus?
Systemic lupus erythematosus (also known as lupus) is a condition that usually affects women. It occurs as a result of antibodies or lymphocytes generated against substances that exist in the body. Approximately one out of 2,100 people has the condition.Women are five times more vulnerable to...
- Everything You Need to Know About Lupus
What is lupus?Lupus or systemic lupus erythematosus is an autoimmune disorder that may affect skin, kidneys, brain, and other organs. According to Lupus Foundation of America, about 1.5 million people in U.S. have lupus. This condition is seen more in women than in men....
- Dr. Matthew J Trainor M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Eric S. Iida MD55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Jahan J. Montague M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Marguerite A Hawley M.D.55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Ajay Kher MD55 Lake Ave N Worcester MA 01655
- Dr. Maria B. Delrosario M.D.330 Grove St Worcester MA 01605