Lei Gao, MD, PhD, FACC, works for the Ochsner Clinic Foundation in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Ochsner Clinic Foundation is a grant-guided program sponsoring treatment projects in multiple medical specialties. Originally educated in China, Dr. Gao came to the United States and Ohio to earn his PhD.
Education and Training
Zhenjiang Medical College 1994
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
Areas of expertise and specialization
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- SUNY Stony Brook University Hospital & Medical Center/Winthrop University Hospital Program
- Medical College of Ohio
- SUNY Downstate
- SUNY Downstate
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society of Echocardiography
Articles and Publications
- Has Been Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- Passion for Medicine
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American College of Cardiology
Lei Gao MD's Practice location
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70809Get Direction
Brooklyn, NY 11209Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Lei Gao MD | Cardiologist | Interventional Cardiology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Lei Gao MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gao
- What Is Ischemia? Treatment for Acute or Chronic Ischemia
What is ischemia?Ischemia is the medical term used to describe a lack of blood flow to certain organs or body parts. Since the blood carries oxygen and other necessary nutrients to parts of the body, when blow flow is reduced these body parts do not receive the adequate amount of oxygen and...
- Ovary Removal Does Not Raise Your Risk for Heart Disease
A review of data from a major women’s health study failed to find a significant association between ovary removal during a hysterectomy and an increased risk of heart disease. This is in contrast to the results published from another large study that reported that the risk of heart disease...
- What are the Causes of Heart Failure?
Heart failure refers to the condition where the organ fails to pump enough blood to different parts of the body to meet the demand. The disease refers to the weak pumping power of heart. In this condition, the rate of flow of blood through the heart is slow and the pressure increases. In most cases,...
- What is Atrial Fibrillation?
Atrial fibrillation refers to irregular heart rhythm with rapid heartbeat that affect the blood flow in the body. In this condition, the irregular heartbeat starts in the upper chambers of the heart, the atria. The irregularity in the heart beat results from the problem in the electrical system of...
- What is the Ideal Cholesterol Level?
Ideal Cholesterol LevelLast week when you went for the regular check up the doctor told you that your ‘bad’ cholesterol levels are high. What does that mean? Is good and bad cholesterol the same thing? Yes, cholesterol is needed for maintaining good health. If the levels of low density...
- Treat Gum Disease for Healthier Blood Vessels
Intensive treatment of gum diseases may help blood vessels and gums, reports a study published in, The New England Journal of Medicine. The study was conducted on 120 people who had severe gum disease, or peridontitis. In this condition, the gum line recedes and teeth loosens as the support is...
- Bahji Nadim Khuri M.D.9001 Summa Avenue Baton Rouge Louisiana 70809
- Venkat R Surakanti MD5231 Brittany Dr Baton Rouge LA 70808
- John Spence Mcclelland M D7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Brian P. Jones M.D.9001 Summa Avenue Baton Rouge LA 70809
- Carl Sidney Luikart M D7777 Hennessy Blvd Baton Rouge LA 70808
- Douglas K Mendoza M.D.9001 Summa Ave Baton Rouge LA 70809