Psychiatrist | Psychiatry509 Mulberry Lane Haveford Pennsylvania, 19041
Chandra Weerasinghe, MD, works at a variety of hospitals in Pennsylvania. She specializes in psychiatry including adult and child psychiatry, as well as addiction medicine. She has spoken for all the major pharmaceutical companies and also serves as Medical Director of Elwyn Inc in Philadelphia. Dr. Weerasinghe has also started the children's outpatient clinic at the hospital.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- She has spoken for almost all the major pharmaceutical companies. -
- Pre-Med Award Winner, Best Student, 1963
- 2nd Place, Honors in Anatomy and Physiology, 1964
- NYU St. Vincent's
- St. Vincent's (Child Psychiatry); Hahnemann University (Adult Psychiatry)
Articles and Publications
- Article on Birth Control in Sri Lanka
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being a Serious Learner
Hobbies / Sports
- Taking care of Patients
Chandra Weerasinghe's Practice location
Haveford, Pennsylvania 19041Get Direction
- St. John's Wort for Depression Treatment
The scientific name of St. John’s wort is Hypericum perforatum, which is a powerful medicinal herb that has anti-inflammatory properties. This herb has been long been used due to its health benefits, especially in relieving depression. Ancient Greek physicians believed that this herb possessed a...
- Does Flakka Induce Psychosis?
In the world of drugs, there is always a struggle to create better and more potent drugs. For the sellers, the motive is clear--to beat their competition by producing superior quality drugs. On the other hand, most users prefer designer drugs because they are often more potent, have fewer side...
- Nymphomania: Causes, Symptoms, Treatment, and Diagnosis
Nymphomania is a mental disorder. The person shows characteristic compulsive sexual behavior. Compulsive means unwanted actions and rituals. The person repeatedly engages in it without getting any pleasure out of it, or the person is unable to control the behaviors. A person with nymphomania acts...
- Can Schizophrenia Be Treated?
Schizophrenia is a severe disorder of the mind that requires lifelong treatment. An individual suffering from this disorder is not able to identify the difference between what actually exists and what is in their mind. This disorder has an adverse effect on the way an individual thinks and reacts to...
- What Is the Difference Between Depression and Anxiety?
Understanding the difference between depression and anxiety is not an easy task, as mental health conditions are far more complicated. The most common mental illnesses are depression, anxiety, and substance use disorder. It is common for these three types of mental illnesses to occur in combination....
- Do You Have Trypophobia?
What is trypophobia?Trypophobia is the fear or feeling of disgust of closely packed holes. Individuals who have trypophobia tend to feel very unsettled the moment they look at surfaces that have small clustered holes. Few of the examples would be the head of the lotus seed pod or the body of a...
- Dr. Allen Y. Masry M.D.2250 Chapel Ave W Cherry Hill NJ 08002
- Dr. Erlinda Sabili M.D.4641 E Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA 19124
- Paul Jay Fink191 Presidential Boulevard Bala Cynwyd Pennsylvania 19004
- Dr. David Allen Nover M.D.1432 Easton Rd Warrington PA 18976
- Henri Parens111 Presidential Blvd. Bala Cynwyd Pennsylvania 19004
- Dr. Ramesh B. Eluri M.D.4641 Roosevelt Blvd Philadelphia PA 19124