Donald M. Zarou, MD, FACOG, FACS, FACHE, maintains his own private practice located in Brooklyn, New York. Practicing for nearly 20 years, Dr. Zarou has specific expertise in medical education; in conjunction with women's healthcare. A board certified obstetrician and gynecologist, Dr. Zarou also acted as Dean of Downstate Medical Center earlier in his career, and has authored approximately 30 articles in peer-reviewed medical journals. For all of his hard work and outstanding achievements in the field, he was named Fellow of the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, the American College of Surgeons, and the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Education and Training
Downstate Medical Center
American Board of Obstetrics and Gyencology- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Public Speaking -
- Former Dean, Downstate Medical Center -
- New York Methodist Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Medical Society of the State of New York, Medical Society of the County of Kings
Articles and Publications
- Has About 30 Articles Published
What do you attribute your success to?
- The Desire to Teach
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- The Green Journal
Donald Zarou's Practice location
Brooklyn, New York 11209Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Donald Zarou | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Donald Zarou's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Bisphosphonates Stop Breast Cancer from Spreading to Bones?
Two years ago, at the age of 44, Susan Leonard was diagnosed with stage II breast cancer – a disease that affects over 260,000 American women on an annual basis. In order to keep her cancer from recurring, she had to undergo countless treatments, including chemotherapy, hormone therapy, a double...
- What Are The Side Effects Of Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is also referred to as weight loss surgery. In other cases, it is known as gastric bypass surgery. It is an operation performed mostly on obese people. The main purpose for this type of surgery is to reduce weight.Bariatric surgery involves the removal of certain portions of your...
- Treatment Options for Cervical Cancer
Cervical cancer is one of the most common types of cancer in women. However, unlike the other forms of cancer, cervical cancer can be cured if it is discovered early on. That’s why cervical screening tests are necessary.Cervical cancer usually has no apparent symptoms in the primary stages. The...
- A Link Between Celiac Disease and Infertility
A confusing connection – celiac disease and infertilityHere are some stories about moms who experienced infertility linked to celiac disease.Lindsey Reimer became pregnant in 2013, however, in 2010 she was diagnosed with celiac disease. Seventeen weeks after becoming pregnant, she lost her baby...
- Does My Heavy Menstruation Mean I Have Fibroids?
Heavy periods are very common, and for most cases, the real cause is unknown. However, fibroids and endometriosis have proven to be the primary contributors. There are multiple ways to alleviate heavy periods and effectively managing them. Options include surgical operations, IUD, and the use of...
- Braxton-Hicks Contractions
What are Braxton-Hicks?A woman's body experiences a number of changes during pregnancy. Our bodies are similar to the most sophisticated machines in performing many complicated processes without us knowing. In the later stages of pregnancy, many processes begin to prepare the mother for the upcoming...
- Dr. Peter Guirguis M.D.464 77th Street Brooklyn New York 11209
- Anat Zelmanovich509 East 77th Street New York New York 10075
- Dr. Janelle Luk M.D.123 W 79th St New York NY 10022
- Dr. Lucy Tamar Tovmasian M.D.420 Grand Ave Englewood NJ 07631
- Dr. Miller Vaca M.D.1065 Southern Blvd Bronx NY 10459
- Dr. Juanita Mestre-Dudley M.D.200 Garden City Plaza Garden City New York 11530