Denise McDermott, MD, has a private practice in Redondo Beach, California. She specializes in adult and child psychiatry, including treatment for ADHD, eating disorders, depression and others. Through counseling and psychotherapy, Dr. McDermott likes to use other techniques in addition to medication. Fellowship trained in neuropsychiatric care in Los Angeles, Dr. McDermott continues to work closely with UCLA on a referral basis.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1996
Adult and Child Psychiatry
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- In the Past At UCLA -
- Outstanding Physician Award
- Recognition for Achievement in Clinical Excellence
- Emory University
- Neuropsychiatric Institute
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Using her Own Life Experience as Learning Tools, Along with her Knowledge to Empower her Patients to Thrive
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Reading, Hiking, Dogs, Concerts, Traveling
Dr. Denise McDermott M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Denise McDermott M.D. | Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist | Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Denise McDermott M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. McDermott
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Autism and Its Additional Complications
Since autism spectrum disorder (ASD) is a neurodevelopmental disorder, there are a variety of different symptoms. Different children with ASD will have different reactions, symptoms, and complications on different levels. Typically, autism impairs social and communication skills; however, the...
- What Is Disorganized Schizophrenia?
Schizophrenia is a serious mental disorder involving a breakdown that drastically affects how a person thinks, feels, and behaves. The disorder has five subtypes, one of which is disorganized schizophrenia. Its very name implies the typical and predominant characteristics by which it is identified:...
- What Behaviors Indicate Binge Eating Disorder?
Knowing the warning signs of an eating disorder is important, since the early detection of an existing or developing eating disorder will give a sufferer the help he or she needs sooner. Detecting the warning signs may not always be easy. When someone has an eating disorder, they usually feel...
- Separation Anxiety in Children: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis and More
It’s normal for young children to feel anxious when they're separated from a loved one. However, when this fear occurs in a child above six years of age, is intense, and persists for more than four weeks, the child may have separation anxiety disorder.What is Separation Anxiety Disorder?Separation...
- What Causes Eating Disorders
An eating disorder is usually classified as any one of a broad range of psychological disorders, but more specifically ones that demonstrate eating habits that are abnormal or absurd. The most common eating disorders are anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge-eating disorder. Anorexia refers...
- Dr. Carlos Jordan-manzano M.D.23700 CAMINO DEL SOL TORRANCE CA 90505
- Dr. Tejinderpal S Rai M.D.25550 HAWTHORNE BLVD STE 314 TORRANCE CA 90505
- Dr. Mark Mcdonald MD11500 W OLYMPIC BLVD LOS ANGELES CA 90064
- Dr. B. Rock Choe MD2007 Wilshire Blvd Los Angeles CA 90057
- Dr. Rajan Bahl M.D.333 WASHINGTON BLVD MARINA DEL REY CA 90292
- Dr. Anne Cassedy Welty MD5855 E NAPLES PLZ LONG BEACH CA 90803