Dr. Creighton L. Edwards MD
OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)6651 Main Street Suite F1050 Houston Texas, 77030
Creighton L. Edwards, MD, is a worldwide expert in treating complicated female gynecologic cancers. He practices at the Baylor Clinic in Houston, Texas. He serves on many editorial boards of journals, and has recently authored an Evidence Based Clinical Guide to OBGYN. He continues to mentor medical students teaching them not only the clinical side of medicine, but the human side of being a doctor.
Education and Training
Unviersity of TExas Southwestern Medical School
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology- Obstetrics and Gynecology
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaking Internationally -
- Distinguished Houston Surgeon of the Year, 2013
- Physician of the Year, Baylor College, 2008
- Distinguished Surgeon Award, 2006
- Raymond H. Raufman MD and Patricia Ann Kaufman Endowed Chair
- Texas Super Doctors 2005-2011
- Member Baylor College of Medicine, Promotions and Tenure Committee, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member Baylor College of Medicine, Resident Education Committee, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member The Methodist Hospital, Case Management Performance and Improvement Committee
- Member The Methodist Hospital, Dunn 6 OR Committee
- Member St. Luke's Episcopal Hospital, Quality Improvement Committee
- Baylor Univ Med Ctr, Obstetrics And Gynecology; Baylor Univ Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Baylor University Medical Center 1966
- Baylor University Medical Center
- University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Gynecologic Oncology 1968
- Gynecologic Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- MD Anderson Cancer Center (Gynecologic Oncology)
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology, International Gynecologic Cancer Society, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Articles and Publications
- Over 150 Publications, Co-authored a Book
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being Mentored by Faculty as a Student and in his Fellowship helped guide his medical perspective and career.
Hobbies / Sports
- Animals, Outdoors
Favorite professional publications
- SCO Monthly
Dr. Creighton L. Edwards MD's Practice location
Houston, Texas 77030Get Direction
Houston, TX 77030Get Direction
Dr. Creighton L. Edwards MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Edwards
- What Are the Key Characteristics of Genital Herpes?
Genital herpes is caused by the herpes simplex virus. There are two types of HSV: HSV-1, which mostly causes cold sores, and HSV-2, which mostly causes genital herpes.Some cases of genital herpes may also be caused by HSV-1. This sexually transmitted infection is quite common among the adult...
- 23andMe Now FDA-Approved to Test BRCA Genetic Mutations Without a Doctor
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized the use of a direct-to-consumer (DTC) test for BRCA1/BRCA2 genetic mutations. Although it is not the first DTC test available on the US marketplace, it is the first one designed to specifically test for BRCA mutations.“Being the first and...
- Melatonin Use in IVF
What is melatonin?Melatonin is a hormone, which is naturally found in the body. This hormone is produced by the pineal gland and plays a role in regulating the circadian rhythm or sleep-wake cycle, fetal development, and fertility. Synthetic melatonin is also available in the form of nutritional...
- What Causes Fibroids?
Fibroids are unusual growths that develop in the uterine walls of most women. Although the exact cause isn’t known, several factors are believed to be responsible for the condition. For instance, hormonal changes and family history have proven to be the commonest culprits.Types of FibroidsSeveral...
- Is Ovarian Cancer Terminal?
Let’s answer the question first: It depends on the stage of the disease. There are four stages of ovarian cancer, and the third and fourth are the most dangerous. The bad thing is that most cases of ovarian cancer are diagnosed in the later stages of the disease, when little can be done to save...
- Do Irregular Periods Cause Infertility: How to Get Pregnant
Any woman can feel a great deal of anxiety when experiencing irregular periods. However, several women have been affected by it and have become a common problem of women these days. If a woman misses her period, it can be a sign of pregnancy, but having irregular periods may also indicate some...
- Dr. Robert G. Anding M.D.7900 Fannin St Ste 4000 Houston TX 77054
- Wyntrea Cunningham7707 Fannin St, Ste 110 Houston Texas 77054
- Dr. Heidi J. Purcell MD1 Baylor Plz Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Carl F. Giesler MD6620 MAIN ST HOUSTON TX 77030
- Dr. Celestine S. Tung MD7400 FANNIN ST STE 1295 HOUSTON TX 77054
- Dr. Geoffrey Schnider Other7580 Fannin Street Houston Texas 77054