Thomas Michael Moran, MD, works at a private practice in St. Louis, Missouri. He specializes in psychoanalysis, or the treatment of mental disorders using a counseling technique. In the past, Dr. Moran served as an Assistant Professor at St. Louis University School of Medicine from 1971-2011.
Education and Training
St. Louis University School of Medicine
St Louis Univ Sch of Med, St Louis Mo 1965
Saint Louis University School of Medicine 1965
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Psychiatry
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Parvalbumin-containing interneurons in rat hippocampus have an AMPA receptor profile suggestive of vulnerability to excitotoxicity.
- Immune responses to viruses, bacteria, parasites and fungi in humans.
- Antiviral immunity and the role of dendritic cells.
- Autocrine type I IFN and contact with endothelium promote the presentation of influenza A virus by monocyte-derived APC.
- Type I interferon induction pathway, but not released interferon, participates in the maturation of dendritic cells induced by negative-strand RNA viruses.
- Glutamate receptor subunit 3 (GluR3) immunoreactivity delineates a subpopulation of parvalbumin-containing interneurons in the rat hippocampus.
- Influenza virus-induced dendritic cell maturation is associated with the induction of strong T cell immunity to a coadministered, normally nonimmunogenic protein.
- The C-type lectin SIGN-R1 mediates uptake of the capsular polysaccharide of Streptococcus pneumoniae in the marginal zone of mouse spleen.
- In vivo targeting of antigens to maturing dendritic cells via the DEC-205 receptor improves T cell vaccination.
- TLR-independent induction of dendritic cell maturation and adaptive immunity by negative-strand RNA viruses.
- Reepithelialized orthotopic tracheal allografts expand memory cytotoxic T lymphocytes but show no evidence of chronic rejection.
- Induction of mucosal tolerance in Peyer's patch-deficient, ligated small bowel loops.
- Dendritic cell-specific intercellular adhesion molecule 3-grabbing nonintegrin/CD209 is abundant on macrophages in the normal human lymph node and is not required for dendritic cell stimulation of the mixed leukocyte reaction.
- Attenuation and immunogenicity in mice of temperature-sensitive influenza viruses expressing truncated NS1 proteins.
- Toll-like receptor-independent triggering of dendritic cell maturation by viruses.
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor, St. Louis University, 1971-2011 -
- St Louis Univ Hosp, Psychiatry; St Louis Univ Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- St Louis University Group of Hospitals Program
- St. Louis University Hospital
- St. Louis University Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychiatric Association, St. Louis Psychiatric Association, American Psychoanalytic Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- Having Great Parents, Strong Work Ethic, Strong Interest in People
Hobbies / Sports
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Psychiatric Association
Dr. Thomas Michael Moran MD's Practice location
St. Louis, Missouri 63105Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63105Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Thomas Michael Moran MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Thomas Michael Moran MD's reviewsWrite Review
- How to Help Someone Who Has Binge Eating Disorder
A severe eating disorder, binge eating disorder is a condition in which you regularly eat abnormally large quantities of food and have no control over the urge and event.Everyone can attest to the fact that it is normal to overeat at times such as on holiday parties and special occasions. However,...
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- What is Autistic Disorder
Autistic disorder is defined as the most severe type of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD). It is also called classic autism or Kanner’s Syndrome. This developmental disorder is characterized by challenges with communication, social interaction, and behavior. Autistic people often avoid interaction...
- What Is Tachypnea?
Introduction Tachypnea is a medical term, which means rapid and shallow breathing. This condition is often confused with hyperventilation, which is another type of abnormal breathing that is characterized by rapid but deep breathing. Both conditions are caused by carbon dioxide buildup in the...
- Is Schizophrenia a Genetic Disorder?
The organic studies of schizophrenia outnumber, by far, the psychological ones.The quantity of these works and the variety of directions that they have taken reveal that no breakthrough has been made. Even in fields like genetics and biochemistry where some evidence of the organic nature of...
- What Is the Trazodone Drug Prescribed For?
Depression is a medical condition affecting the mental health of an individual. Depression can cause various other secondary illnesses along with it. To treat depression, it is extremely important to timely diagnose the condition and treat it with the help of a medical expert who can guide you with...
- Dr. Ahmad B. Ardekani MD10004 Kennerly Rd St Louis MO 63128
- Dr. Sanjeev M. Kamat MD3507 Texas Avenue Street Level St. Louis Missouri 63118
- Dr. Vadim Y. Baram MD10199 Woodfield Ln. Saint Louis MO 63132
- Dr. Christa L. Hines M.D.7234 Gayola Place St. Louis Missouri 63143
- Dr. Azfar Malik M.D.763 S NEW BALLAS RD SAINT LOUIS MO 63141
- Dr. Radhika Rao MD443 North New Ballas Road Creve Coeur Missouri 63141