Dr. Gurpreet Singh is an ophthalmologist practicing in Cypress, Texas. Dr. Singh specializes in eye and vision care. As an ophthalmologist, Dr. Singh can practice medicine as well as surgery. Opthalmologists can perform surgeries because they have their medical degrees along with at least eight years of additional training. Dr. Singh can diagnose and treat diseases, perform eye operations and prescribe eye glasses and contacts. Ophthalmologists can also specialize even further in a specific area of eye care.
Education and Training
University of Texas UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center Southwestern Medical School 1997
American Board of Ophthalmology- Ophthalmology
OphthalmologyAmerican Board of OphthalmologyABO
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Macular Degeneration
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Corneal Ulcer
- Univ Tx Med Sch-San Antonio, Ophthalmology; John P Smith Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston Program
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
What do you attribute your success to?
- Working Hard, Spending Time with Each Patient, Attention to Detail
Favorite professional publications
- Journal of the American Medical Association
Dr. Gurpreet D. Singh M.D.'s Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Gurpreet D. Singh M.D. | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Gurpreet D. Singh M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Singh
Fully satisfied with my first ever appointment and proceedings with Dr. Gurpreet Singh and Dr. Sabby Singh.
- Conjunctivitis: When to See an Ophthalmologist and What to Expect
Our eyes are our windows to the world, and we each get only a single pair in our lifetime. Life without our sense of sight can spell great difficulty. Imagine being born and living with good vision for decades, only to have it impaired by some disease we could have prevented or gotten treatment for....
- What Is HSV-1?
Herpes Simplex Virus 1 (HSV-1)HSV-1 or herpes simplex virus type 1 is a type of herpes simplex virus that causes cold sores. It is called "oral herpes" because it often causes sores around the mouth or on the lips. Cold sores are also called as fever blisters. However, the sores can also be found...
- Don’t Let Your Computer Strain Your Eyes
What is eyestrain?Eyestrain is a common medical condition characterized by an overuse of the eyes, like when driving a long distance, reading for a couple of hours, or using the computer. Staring at the computer screen for a long period of time will increase discomfort in your eyes.Eyestrain is not...
- How is Conjunctivitis Diagnosed?
Nowadays, many people self-diagnose and use alternative methods to cure themselves of illnesses. They research on the internet, looking for the right fit for the symptoms they are experiencing. They then look up the treatment options for the condition they believe they have, often opting for...
- What is Eye Melanoma?
What is eye melanoma?Eye melanoma is also known as ocular melanoma. It is a type of cancer that develops in the eye, from the melanin-producing cells.Melanoma is a type of malignant cancer that develops in the melanin-producing cells all over the human body. Melanin-producing cells are known for the...
- Fred Mattioli Other2200 SOUTHWEST FWY HOUSTON TX 77098
- Dr. Justina P. Taube M.D.25410 Interstate 45 N Spring Texas 77386
- Dr. Dora E. Cantu MD1740 W 27TH ST HOUSTON TX 77008
- Dr. Mirwat S. Sami MD4747 BELLAIRE BLVD BELLAIRE TX 77401
- Dr. John D. Goosey M.D.2855 Gramercy St Houston TX 77025
- Dr. Sushma S. Yalamanchili MD915 GESSNER RD STE 250 HOUSTON TX 77024