Dushyant Viswanathan, MD, works at the Columbia Center for Integrative Medicine in Elkridge, Maryland. Interested in yoga, meditation, and integrative medicine since age 15, he became a physical trainer and places emphasis on nutrition in his practice. He is certified in integrative medicine, including hormone balancing with bioidentical compounded formulations. At the practice, Dr. Viswanathan provides nutrient therapies and now conducts house call and integrative palliative care consultations as Medical Director.
Dushyant Viswanathan's Videos
Education and Training
Saint George Univeristy School of Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Dushyant Viswanathan's Expert Contributions
From a physician’s perspective, the ultimate purpose of the encounter with the patient is to formulate an assessment that leads to a plan of action, the execution of which leads to resolution of complaints and symptoms which necessitated the encounter in the first place. As an internist...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Taches at the Wellness Center to Patients -
- San Joaquin General Hospital
Professional Society Memberships
- Society for Hospital Medicine
What do you attribute your success to?
- Dedication and Endless Fascination for the Human Experience
Hobbies / Sports
- Music, Meditation, Yoga
Dushyant Viswanathan's Practice location
- Do I Have Migraines?
Do I Have Migraines?Migraines are one of the most common types of headaches that affect people. The irritating pain is often accompanied by characteristic warning signs like blind spots, nausea, vomiting, and other symptoms. Migraines are caused by the enlargement of blood vessels along with the...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
- Decoding Facts About the Strep Throat Infection
Is it a sore throat or a strep throat infection?Strep throat is a medical condition associated with bacteria that infect the throat and tonsils. The infection is caused by group A Streptococcus bacteria. This group of bacteria is usually spread through contact with droplets of an infected person....
- What Makes Zumba Such an Effective Workout?
Zumba is a popular alternative fitness routine for many people. It is commonly known as a party exercise, or a fun exercise, rather than the traditional workout regimen. A few years back, this fitness plan took the fitness world by storm, and is still popular among people who love to dance and shake...
- What Is Menopause?
Menopause is a normal process resulting from aging, in women. Menopause usually occurs between the ages of 45-years-old and 55-years-old. This is characterized by the cessation of menstruation along with a number of changes in the body, and marks the end of the reproductive period in women.Causes of...
- Is Bacterial Meningitis Serious? Know the Symptoms of Meningitis
What is Meningitis?Meningitis is the swelling or inflammation of the meninges, which are the three specific membranes covering the brain and the spinal cord. The primary function of the meninges is to protect the central nervous system. Meningitis is an uncommon infection that affects the delicate...
- Dr. Katharine Spreng Waldmann M.D.3910 Rickover Rd Silver Spring MD 20902
- Dr. Mohammad Khalid MD2730 University Blvd. West Wheaton-Glenmont Maryland 20902
- Quang Ngoc Tu4426 Winding Oak Drive Olney Maryland 20832
- Miss Rama Shankar M.D.1501 Division Street Baltimore Maryland 21217
- Dr. Sherif Hassan M.D9821 Greenbelt Road Lanham Maryland 20706
- Dr. Anurag Maheshwari M.D.301 Saint Paul St Baltimore MD 21202