Dr. Scott Hallgren D.O., F.A.C.P.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology80 Health Park Drive Suite 280 Louisville Colorado, 80027
Dr. Scott Hallgren is a gastroenterologist practicing in Louisville, Colorado. Dr. Hallgren specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Hallgren performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
College of Osteopathic Medicine of Iowa
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences 1980
Des Moines University College of Osteopathic Medicine and Health Sciences Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine- Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Speaks at New Medical School for Osteopathic Medicine -
- Top Doctors, US News and World Report
- Consumers Research Council Top Physician and Gastroenterologist 2003-present
- Service Medal from the United States Army Medical Corp
- Wm Beaumont Army Med Ctr, Gastroenterology; Fitzsimons Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center
- William Beaumont Army Medical Center
- Fitzsimons Army Medical Center
- Martin Army Hospital
- William Beaumont Army Hospital (Gastroenterology)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Society for Gastroendoscopy, American College of Physicians
Articles and Publications
- Health and Wellness Survival Guide
What do you attribute your success to?
- Always Making the Patient the Center of Focus and Attention of Practice
Hobbies / Sports
- Golf, Hiking
Favorite professional publications
- American society of Gastroenterology Journal
Dr. Scott Hallgren D.O., F.A.C.P.'s Practice location
Louisville, Colorado 80027Get Direction
Seminole, FL 33777Get Direction
Dr. Scott Hallgren D.O., F.A.C.P.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hallgren
- Study Reveals Many Celiac Patients Avoid Vaccinations
Many people adopt a personal decision to avoid any and all vaccines that do not really seem necessary or seem to correlate with other diseases. And, this number continues to grow as time goes by. Celiac patients, in particular, have been discovered to be particularly reluctant to take any...
- Lifestyle Tips to Reduce Ulcerative Colitis Flare-Ups
Ulcerative colitis is one of those medical conditions a person must learn to live with for the rest of their life. It has no cure, and ignoring the symptoms can be potentially deadly. After the initial bout with ulcerative colitis, and with proper treatment, the individual is said to be in remission...
- Does Celiac Disease Cause a Deficiency in Vitamins and Minerals?
Celiac disease is one of the most common autoimmune disorders affecting the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract. For those with the disease, there is a reason for concern. Those with celiac disease often have malabsorption syndrome, which leads to a deficit of various minerals and vitamins. If...
- What Kind of Dietary Fiber Do We Need?
Fiber or roughage is the indigestible part of our food that plays an important part in health. Dietary fiber is found naturally in the plant parts that we eat. They are not digested but just pass through our system, absorb water, and aid in bowel movement. We all have heard that fiber is important,...
- How to Speak with Your Partner About Colitis
When you are diagnosed with Colitis and have experienced its life-altering symptoms, it is hard to think about anything but your own physical pain and inconvenience. At some point, it becomes obvious to the people you share your life with that something serious is going on. Frequent trips to the...
- Probiotics May Not Relieve Constipation in Children
According to a new study published in the journal, Pediatrics, probiotics may not improve constipation in children more than any other dairy product that does not contain probiotics. This is different from the effect of probiotics in adults where it is supposed to give good relief from...
- Robert Matthew Reveille16037 W Ellsworth Lane Golden Colorado 80401
- Dr. Scott H Mackenzie MD7000 W COLFAX AVE STE B LAKEWOOD CO 80214
- Dr. Tadd K Hiatt MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Mrs. Brenda C Westhoff haman D.O.8550 W 38th Ave Wheat Ridge CO 80033
- Dr. John S Goff M.D.355 UNION BLVD STE 200 LAKEWOOD CO 80228
- Dennis Ahnen Other382 S ARTHUR AVE LOUISVILLE CO 80027