Mary Mckay is an Addiction Medicine Counselor in GREEN BAY, WI. Mary evaluates patients using many different procedures, in order to determine what treatments must be carried out in order to properly assess their symptoms. Addiction Medicine counselors provide patient care and consultation for each patient and their families.
Education and Training
Standford University MPH, Behavioral Science
Kentucky State University MS, Behavioral Neuroscience & Psychopharmacolo
Ponce Paramedical College Tácnico de Farmacia (Pharmacy Technician)
Drug Enforcement Administration MM4*****
National Provider Identifier 1750655510
Puerto Rico Board of Medicine Licensee M25383M-12
- Salutorian 2004 University of Puerto Rico-Rio Piedras
- Chapter Achievment Award 2003 Ro Chi-The Academic Honor Society in Pharmacy
- Valedictorian 2001 Academia del Sagrado Corazon Secondary School
- Clinical Psychopharmacology
- Psychiatric Medication Management
- Neurosychological Testing
- Clinical Neuropsychology
- Member American Psychiatric Association 2012
- Diplomate American Society of Clinical Psychopharmacology 2011
- Member Brithish Medical Association, Northern Ireland 2012
- Member Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland 2006
- Licensee #5231 Puerto Rico Board of Pharmacy 2004
- Independant Prescriber (MHRA) UK Department of Health 2007
- UCLA - University of California, Los Angeles Clinical Neuropsychology
- Stanford UniversityNaturally Occuring lithium salts in the groundwater and the prevelance of sucidide mortality in the2010
- University of KentuckyRethinking tryciclic and monoamine oxidase inhibitors2011
- Harvard University PressHealth effects of acute and chronic psychosocial stress in patients2013
Experience & Accolades
- Associate Member, General Medical Staff2012University of Puerto Rico-Medical Sciences CampusClinical Neuropsychologist & Prescribing Psychopharmacologist, Department of Psychiatry & Neurology.
- Assistant Adjunct Professor2013University of Puerto Rico-School of MedicineMedicinal Biochemistry
- Staff Pharmacist2004Walgreen's Pharmacy (Condado, PR)Staff Pharmacist for Condado, Puerto Rico retail pharmacy, responsible for day-to-day operations of a community pharmacy including filling, compounding and mixing prescriptions.
- Pharmacy Technician2000 - 2004Walgreen's Pharmacy (Condado, PR)Pharmacy technician working closely with pharmacists in retail pharmacy helping distribute medicine, screen prescription orders for accuracy and completeness; prepare prescriptions, retrieve, count, pour, weigh, measure, and sometimes mix medications.
- Managing Partner2013McKay & Associates, LLPManaging partner and clinical neuropsychologist/prescribing psychopharmacologist at a practice that includes one psychiatrist, two psychiatric nurse practitioners, two clinical psychologists, one licensed clinical social worker and one RN-MHN.
Mary M Mckay CADC LLL's Practice location
GREEN BAY, WI 54301Get Direction
San Juan, PR 00927Get Direction
San Juan, PR 00926Get Direction
Mary M Mckay CADC LLL's reviewsWrite Review
- How are Varicose Veins Diagnosed?
Blood from body organs is transported to the heart via blood vessels, or veins. Organs use oxygen to function, and they discharge blood that has been used that contains waste products like carbon dioxide. The veins then take the blood to the heart and back to the lungs, where the carbon dioxide is...
- Why Should I Breastfeed My Baby?
Whether to breastfeed or bottle-feed a baby is one of the toughest choices that any expectant mothers and new parents have to make. Although the choice is personal, it is better to know a few pros and cons of each feeding method to help parents make the best choice for their babies.It is highly...
- What Is a Postictal Phase?
After a person experiences a seizure, he or she enters an altered state of consciousness called the postictal phase, which often lasts for 5-30 minutes. The postictal phase may also be longer if an individual has more severe seizures.This phase is characterized by disorienting symptoms along with...
- The Importance of Compassion and Nonverbal Communication with Alzheimer's Patients
Communication involves much more than verbal speech and written language. After all, pretty much everyone knows how important things like eye contact, facial expressions, and human touch can be when communicating.However, communicating with people with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia can be...
- 5 Tips on Living with Erectile Dysfunction
5 Tips on Living with Erectile DysfunctionErectile dysfunction is a condition that not only causes physical problems but psychological ones too. It leads to strain in relationships and even break-ups in marriages. Both sexual partners are emotionally affected.There are means which you can use to...
- What Is Brain Freeze?
The terms “brain freeze” or “ice cream headache” describe a sudden, stabbing forehead pain that occurs after drinking a cold drink or eating ice cream too quickly. In medical terms, it is known as sphenopalatine ganglioneuralgia or cold stimulus headache. It is known mostly to occur in the...