Robert Joseph Cangelosi
Ophthalmologist4201 Frenchmen Street New Orleans Louisiana, 70122
Robert Joseph Cangelosi, MD, works at Greater New Orleans Eye Physicians in New Orleans, Louisiana. A former clinical professor of ophthalmology at Louisiana State University Medical School and past President of New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology, Dr. Cangelosi has contributed several peer reviewed publications over the years.
Education and Training
Louisiana State University School of Medicine
American Board of Ophthalmology- Ophthalmology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Teacher with the LSU Residency Program -
- 4 Time Recipient of the Favorite Teacher Award
- Hotel Dieu New Orleans
Professional Society Memberships
- New Orleans Academy of Ophthalmology
Articles and Publications
- Three Peer Reviewed Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- Being Associated with Ophthalmology Residency Programs and with Residents since 1958
Hobbies / Sports
- Time with his Family, Sailing, Scuba Diving
Robert Joseph Cangelosi's Practice location
New Orleans, Louisiana 70122Get Direction
- What Are the Causes of Conjunctivitis?
What is conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis, also commonly called as “pink eye”, is an eye infection caused by either bacteria or viruses. You can also develop a "pink eye" if you are exposed to certain allergens that can irritate your eyes. When you have a pink eye, the conjunctiva of your eye is...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What are Cataracts: Get the Facts
Cataract is the blurring of the lens part of the eye that can lead to complications in vision. Aging is the cause of the common form of cataract. It grows slowly and should symptoms develop they should not be ignored as this condition worsens with time. Congenital defects, previous eye surgery,...
- Tips For Living with Cataracts
Several vision issues that are related to aging can be solved by practical approaches like more illumination when reading or fixing poor lighting conditions in your home.When you grow to over 60 years of age, you may require more lighting for most indoor and outdoor activities. This is caused by the...
- What Causes Cataracts, and What Can Be Done to Fix Them?
When the lens of the eye becomes clouded, it is deemed to be cataract. This is the leading cause of vision loss in people over the age of 40, and cataracts are responsible for the majority of blindness across the globe. Over 22 million Americans over the age of 40 are currently affected by...
- Treatments for Conjunctivitis
Conjunctivitis or "pinkeye" is an infection of the conjunctiva, the thin, clear membrane coating the white of the eye and lining the inside of the eyelid. The symptoms may vary slightly depending on the cause, but are distinct: redness of the white part of the eye, tearing, a thick yellow discharge...
- Dr. Neil F. Notaroberto M.D.1939 Hickory Avenue Harahan Louisiana 70123
- Dr. Maria Alejandra Valenzuela-arellano MD1430 Tulane Ave New Orleans LA 70112
- Mr. Randy Peter Bouligny MD1100 Poydras St New Orleans LA 70163
- Dr. Maria Soledad Cortina M.D2820 Napoleon Ave New Orleans LA 70115
- Dr. Andrew W Lawton MD1514 JEFFERSON HWY NEW ORLEANS LA 70121
- Dr. Joseph D Benevento MD1514 JEFFERSON HWY NEW ORLEANS LA 70121