David King-Stephens, MD, maintains a position within the California Pacific Medical Center located in the San Francisco region of California. California Pacific Medical Center is one of the largest private, not-for-profit, academic medical centers in California and provides a wide variety of services; including acute, post-acute, outpatient, hospice, and home care services. After receiving an extensive education from esteemed universities, Dr. King-Stephens is a well-versed neurologist with expertise in epilepsy, clinical trials, and surgery. He is certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and has contributed several publications within his field of interest. Aside from treating his patients, Dr. King-Stephens also speaks around the globe on neurology and various treatments.
Education and Training
Mexico City College
University La Salle / Mexican School of Medicine 1989
Escuela Mexicana De Medicina
Universidad de la Salle Facultad Mexicana de Medicina 1989
American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology- Neurology
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Local, Regional, National, and International Public Speaking -
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Vascular Disease
- Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Columbia - Presbyterian Medical Center
- New York Presbyterian Hospital Program
- Columbia University
- Yale - New Haven Hospital
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Yale University
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Neurology, American Epilepsy Society
Articles and Publications
- Authored Several Articles and Book Chapters
What do you attribute your success to?
- Good Luck, Timing, Great Mentors, Teachers, and Training
- California Pacific Medical Center
Dr. David King-Stephens M.D.'s Practice location
San Francisco, California 94115Get Direction
San Francisco, CA 94115Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. David King-Stephens M.D. | Neurologist | Electrodiagnostic Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. David King-Stephens M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. King-Stephens
- Jillian Mercado Slays It on Beyoncé's Clothing Campaign
A couple of years ago Jillian Mercado, the 27-year-old New Yorker, was beginning to stand out as a fashion reference; she managed her own blog and jumped to fame for being the image of the Diesel and Nordstrom brands.And, soon after, Beyoncé, yes the Queen B, has chosen her to be the face of her...
- Imperative Information on Benzodiazepines: Lorazepam vs. Xanax
What is lorazepam?Lorazepam is an anti-anxiety medication that belongs to the benzodiazepine class. It is prescribed to treat anxiety disorders and acts on the central nervous system by providing a calming effect. Lorazepam is sold under different brand names, which include Ativan, Almazine,...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Stroke?
Stroke can occur at any time of your life. However, those who have attained 65+ years are more prone to getting a stroke. It is also important to note that other factors such as family history, alcohol, smoking, medical history, and your ethnicity can trigger the occurrence of stroke. If you think...
- Dementia Simulator Puts Caregivers in Patients' POV
Dementia is a complex ailment that can be challenging for caregivers and healthcare providers. Dementia simulation is one of the best ways of creating a near-reality experience while also exposing healthcare providers to the ups and downs of living with dementia.Statistics show that this condition...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Dementia?
Dementia is a mental condition in which one's reasoning, perception, memory, and thinking becomes affected, interfering with his or her day-to-day activities. It is not a disease, but the symptoms are caused by a number of other diseases or health conditions. Dementia develops when infections or...
- What is the Difference Between Dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease?
Most people think that Alzheimer’s disease and dementia are the same thing and use the names interchangeably. However, it is important that you know that they both are not the same. Even though the risk of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease increases with aging, it is not a normal part of...
- Sunil Bhat2555 Flores St San Mateo CA 94403
- Dr. Candida M. Brown M.D.400 Taylor Blvd Pleasant Hill California 94523
- Dr. Richard A. Cuneo M.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Antonio J Silva sayago M.D.715 Albany St Boston MA 02118
- Dr. Aimee Wen yi Kao M.D., PH.D.400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Jennifer Leigh Clarke MD, MPH400 Parnassus Ave San Francisco CA 94143